Can you believe we only have a month left of the year? It flies by so fast it seems! We are already up to week 48 of the Money Save Ways series that is designed to go with the 52 Week Money Challenge. If you are following along, add $48 to your 52 week money jar or $9 If you are doing the challenge in reverse. Let’s take a look at this week’s tip: Use codes.
52 Money Save Ways: Week 48: Use Codes
Being that Cyber Monday is right around the corner, this tips should be helpful when you do your online shopping on that day or throughout the year. Did you know at any given time, you can often get free shipping, free stuff and even percentages off at just about any store you shop at if you time it right?
Here are some tips for getting these codes and never paying full price again for online shopping:
Sign up for emails to your favorite stores. Most of the time, they will send out codes on a regular basis to their biggest fans. Sometimes, you may even get lucky and get codes just for signing up.
Sign up Via text message to company’s SMS. I am personally signed up for a lot of them and while I get lots of texts now from these stores, I can say they have saved me money I never would have before. Some of them are not even for online orders, either. For instance, if you sign up for Redbox’s codes, they send free movies all the time.
Order your pizza online and save some green with codes. Why pay full price for pizza when you can always find a code and get some money knocked off or free items when you order? Just punch in [name of pizza chain] + codes into Google and you will find them easily. You should also sign up for their texts as I get codes almost daily from Pizza Hut this way.
In general, before you hit “checkout” for any online store, ALWAYS Google the store’s name and “code” or “free shipping code”. You will usually find something out there and even if it’s a small savings, there is no need to pay more than necessary, right?
I have a list of the latest online coupon codes that you can check out and save for feature reference!
Did you miss previous weeks? Clink the links below!
- Week 47: Get Freebies
- Week 46: Go Green
- Week 45: Make a Gift Closet
- Week 44:Stop Paying for Shipping
- Week 43: Apply for Help
- Week 42:Repair before replacing
- Week 41: Make Substitutions
- Week 40: Gas Rewards Programs
- Week 39: Freezer Cooking
- Week 38: Re-use Everything
- Week 37: A Sale Does Not Equal a Need
- Week 36: Eat out the Smart Way
- Week 35: Carefully Shop the Dollar Store
- Week 34: Take a Second Look
- Week 33: Use Less
- Week 32: Get Amazon Prime
- Week 31: Consider Renting
- Week 30: Skip Disposable
- Week 29: Reduce Your Meat Budget
- Week 28: Borrow Everything
- Week 27: Store Food Properly
- Week 26: Cloth Diapering
- Week 25: Buy Generic Medication
- Week 24: Shop at Farmer’s Markets
- Week 23: Don’t Call in the Experts
- Week 22: Learn to Rebate
- Week 21: Seal up Those Leaks
- Week 20: Always Compare Prices
- Week 18: Use Vinegar to Clean
- Week 17: Buy the Smaller Package
- Week 16: Teach Your Kids About Money
- Week 15: Splurge When it Matters
- Week 14: Wash Your Car At Home
- Week 13: Meat Free Mondays
- Week 12: Create A Price Book
- Week 11: Avoid Fees
- Week 10: Cut Your Own Hair
- Week 9: Watch Your Electricity
- Week 8: Turn off The TV
- Week 7: Drink More Water
- Week 6: Maintain Your Car
- Week 5: Reap the Rewards
- Week 4: Practice the Waiting Game
- Week 3: Buy Seasonings in Bulk
- Week 2: Buy Your Clothes Used
- Week 1: Make Lists
- 52 Week Money Challenge
- 52 Week Tracker