Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
Making any dessert gluten free can be challenging to say the least. And yes, it often depends upon your ability to invest in alternative flours and ingredients that are specifically gluten free. I like to bring to you however, an alternative that does not break the bank nor include 100 ingredients. This is a fairly simple recipe that we found to be very tasty, simple and not terribly high in calories. As always, some people are more sensitive than others to gluten so be sure all brands of ingredients you purchase come from gluten free facilities for the ultimate safety.
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 ½ Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ Cups Garbanzo Beans (may cook from dry or use canned just make sure to rinse and drain)
- 1 Cup Splenda (may use sugar or substitute of choice)
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Crunch Peanut Butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl heat chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between heating. This may take 1-2 minutes to fully melt. Be careful not to burn.
- In blender, puree eggs and garbanzo beans until smooth. Add in sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Blend until just incorporated. Finally pour in melted chocolate and peanut butter if desired and pulse until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into pan scraping sides of blender to get all batter out. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.