Caprese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Classic Caprese is a combination of fresh mozzarella, vine-ripened tomatoes, and fresh basil. In recent years, adding this to a pan roasted chicken breast has become a popular serving option. The flavors work beautifully together and are ideal for a fast and easy meal. Plus, it is so versatile that it fits with almost any side dishes! Caprese Stuffed Garlic Bread
The WW FreeStyle Plan points on this recipe calculate to 5 SmartPoints per serving. It could be lower if you limit the olive oil and used fat-free mozzarella cheese. Either way, it is a low point delicious recipe that you will love.
Note: If you aren’t worried about points or calories, this Caprese Stuffed Garlic Bread is an amazing recipe.
What to Serve with Mozzarella stuffed chicken
This is a perfect Italian inspired dish. Sides for this can range from classic pasta to a simple salad. Choose what works best for you, and have fun adding tons of flavor to your meal. Below are some of my favorite side dishes that work well with this recipe.
- Red Quinoa Salad
- Mushroom Risotto
- Pan Cooked Garlic Broccolini
- Easy Pasta Primavera
- Bowtie Pasta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
How to Make Chicken Caprese
- In a large skillet, add oil and chicken breasts. Season chicken with seasoning, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Heat on medium high, flipping once, halfway through cooking until center is no longer pink and juices are clear.
- Top each chicken breast with tomato, basil leaves, and cheese.
- Repeat so you have two of each on top of the chicken.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving. *Basil will darken, but will taste fine.