Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe
We love BBQ chicken in our house but sometimes after a super busy day at work I just want to come home to find dinner ready for me. One of my favorite solutions is this quick and easy slow cooker chicken recipe. The sauce thickens as it cooks and the chicken stays super moist and tender.
- SLOW COOKER BBQ CHICKEN
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Apple Juice
- ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt to Taste (usually 1-2 Teaspoons)
- Place chicken in bottom of large slow cooker and set on low. In medium bowl, mix together vinegar, juice, brown sugar, ketchup, honey and seasonings until smooth. Pour over chicken. Cover and let cook for 4-6 hours. Serve by itself with sauce and sides or on a toasted bun in sandwich form as pictured.