If you are like me, then you know peppermint is a favorite flavor no matter what time of year. These Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes are going to be a huge hit in your house this winter. They are, of course, themed for the holiday season, but are an excellent choice for anyone who loves peppermint as I do.
Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes
We use whatever cake mix happens to be on sale or in our stockpile for this recipe. You can use your preferred brand or even make a basic yellow cupcake recipe if you prefer from scratch cupcakes. Whatever you choose, these white chocolate cupcakes are going to be a huge hit with your family!
Ingredients for Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes
For the white chocolate cupcakes:
- One box white or yellow cake mix (plus required eggs, oil, and water as directed on box // can use GF if
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
For the peppermint frosting:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch of salt
Directions for Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners and set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl.
- Pour melted chocolate into the mixed cake batter. Mix again just enough to incorporate.
- Fill each cupcake liner and bake as directed on box.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl on low speed. Add milk and mix again on medium setting, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add the peppermint extract, starting with a teaspoon and then ¼ teaspoon at a time, tasting in between (you may prefer more or less than the recipe calls for)
- While cupcakes are cooling, add red gel food coloring to a small bowl. Using a small (used for food only or brand new) paintbrush, saturate the tip with red food coloring, and paint four stripes up the sides of the piping bag. You may need to go over the lines a few times to get solid red lines.
- Spoon in your peppermint frosting and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Garnish with a peppermint, sprinkles, mini candy cane or shaved white chocolate.
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
More Delicious Christmas Cupcake Recipes
We love sharing our favorite recipes with you and have a ton of great options on our sister site A Worthey Read. Whether you want traditional holiday desserts or our favorite easy cupcake ideas, you can start there for all of your baking needs. We especially love the Snowman Cupcake Recipe, Winter Snowflake Cupcakes, and Christmas Tree Cupcakes for holiday parties!
Pin it for later!