NEW FEATURE: 7 Meals Under $60 at Meijer This Week #meijermealplanning
Welcome to the Meijer section of A Mitten Full Of Savings! Here you will find tons of great deals for this week, as well as need-to-know Meijer tips. So after checking out this deal, stay for a while to get acquainted with this site and the Meijer section of the blog! And be sure to join our Meijer Facebook Group!
So I have something a little different to share with you guys about Meijer this week! This is my first week doing this, so I’m working out the kinks and we will continue to make it better!
The biggest thing I see when it comes to people trying their hand at extreme couponing, doing run deals, stocking etc is mostly on non-food items. Yes, the food deals are out there but many people don’t know how to pair them together to get the best price. The other issue I see is a ton of coupons for a whole lot of processed food. Now, I have brought my share of processed stuff but over the years (you learn more you do better) cut most of it out. There are a few processed things here and there that I may still buy. But I try really hard to make all of our meals fresh, incorporate Gluten Free when I can and figure out the best meals ideas for our family. With kids, during the school year I’m always looking for easy, budget-friendly and healthy. Just recently we took the veggies from our Garden, along with some meat to create a totally healthy meal (Swiss Chard & Kale) for under $10 bucks (you can check it out here)
So here’s what we’ve put together- and you tell me if you want to see this continue every week. (I’m also looking at doing one that is exclusively Gluten Free each week.) Again, feedback is always appreciated. This will tell me if we should continue doing this or scrap it!
For this week, using the Favado App and our Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $60, along with a few things from your pantry! We aren’t talking everything from a box either! These are pretty healthy meals, at a low Meijer price that will be pretty quick and easy to make any night of the week.
- This is based off of a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price. (sale dates 8/11-8/16)
Day 1: Quick chicken cacciatore $5.37
(2) Chicken breasts
(2) Cans of diced tomatoes
1 T oregano (pantry item)
(2) Cloves garlic (pantry item)
(1) box Barilla rotini pasta or substitute it for whole grain rice(*this is one that’s always a stockpile staple in our house. Stock up price- free- .50 cents)
Directions: cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and saute until cooked through. Add the tomatoes, including the juice, oregano, and garlic. Simmer 20 minutes. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Day 2: Beefy Mac & Cheese $9.15
(2) Kraft Mac & Cheese (made per directions) (if you stocked up last week when these were on sale, then you can subtract this from your total)
1 lb ground chuck
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 pkg shredded cheese
Directions: brown the ground chuck. Add the drained tomatoes and heat through. Mix into the cooked macaroni and cheese, along with the shredded cheese.
Day 3: Baked chicken, roasted potatoes, and fresh green beans $6.26
(2) chicken breasts
1 T lemon pepper (pantry item)
2 lb green beans, ends removed
3 lbs white potatoes
2 T olive oil (pantry item)
Directions: Place the chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cover; bake 1 hour at 375°F on upper rack. Cut the potatoes into ½ inch cubes and place on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in oven (with chicken) 35-45 minutes, until tender in the middle. Steam the green beans in a bit of water on the stove until tender. Serve everything together hot.
Day 4: Meatloaf and Salad $10.98
2 lbs ground chuck
organic salad mix
dressing of your choice (pantry item)
Directions: Make your favorite meatloaf recipe. Serve with fresh salad.
Day 5: Fish, veggies, and hashbrown bake $8.99
1 box Van de Kamps fish filets
2 Green Giant boxed vegetables, any variety
1 Bob Evans Oven Bake Hash Brown Bake
Directions: Cook according to package directions.
Day 6: Pasta and garlic bread $5.37
(2 jars) Ragu pasta sauce, any flavor
(2 boxes) Barilla pasta
1 loaf baguette
4 T butter (pantry item)
1 t garlic powder (pantry item)
Directions: Heat pasta sauce. Cook pasta according to directions. To make the garlic bread, cut loaf in half lengthwise. Spread butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake in oven until the butter is melted and tops are slightly browned. Serve all hot.
Day 7: Sausage, chips, and salad $10.68
(1) Hickory Farms Smoked Sausage
Aunt Millies Hotdog Buns
(1 bag) Lay’s Potato Chips
(1) Organic salad mix
dressing of choice (pantry item)
Directions: Saute or grill the sausage until heated through. Cut into pieces and place in the buns. Make a salad out of the salad ingredients.
Total for a week’s worth of tasty meals: $56.80! How awesome is that?
****if you are using coupons, your final total will be lower since we have coupons for the following items:
- $0.60/2 Ragu Products; Maximum 2 Identical Coupons Allowed In Same Shopping Trip – 7-27-14 RP (exp 08/24/14)
- $0.40/2 Ragu Products; Maximum 2 Identical Coupons Allowed In Same Shopping Trip – 7-27-14 RP (exp 08/24/14)
- $1.25/3 Ragu Products; Maximum 2 Identical Coupons Allowed In Same Shopping Trip – 7-27-14 RP (exp 08/24/14)
Cheese related coupons:
- B1G1 Kraft Macaroni & Cheese or Velveeta Shells & Cheese Cup FREE wyb (1) Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner, 5 pk; Maximum Value $0.98
- $1.00/2 Kraft Natural Cheese; Includes Shreds, Slices, or Blocks – 8-3-14 SS (exp 09/03/14)
- $1.00/1 Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese – July 2014 All You Magazine (Subscribe Here) (exp 08/31/14)
- $0.75/1 Kraft Natural Shredded or Chunk Cheese, 16 oz; Redeemable at Walmart
- $1.00/2 Sargento Shredded Natural Cheese
- Find more GREAT Meijer deals for this week, including the Meijer Weekly Ad & Matchups
- Be sure to join us in our Meijer Facebook Group!
- If you have issues with your Meijer store accepting your other competitor coupons, read THIS!
- Be sure to sign up for Meijer mperks or login to your Meijer mperk account!
- You can find more information in the Meijer Coupon Policy
- Use the coupon database to find additional coupons and coupons.com to print more coupons!