52 Week Challenge: Tips on Saving Money: Always Compare Prices
Here we are again– another week of great money savings tips with the 52 week challenge! Are you keeping up with putting the money in your jar or bank each week? If you need help with weekly reminders, then sign up for our 52 week challenge newsletter!
Here’s this week’s tips on saving money: Always Compare Prices
It goes without saying that there are as many prices for the same product as there are stores, but did you know that comparison shopping is one of the best ways you can save money and is totally worth the time you put into it? Here are some tips for comparison shopping.
Don’t just look in-store. Looking online can be a great way to get a vast majority of prices that are often cheaper than the traditional store front is. This is true for many products but especially true for electronics, clothing, media, beauty products and auto parts. If you are worried about paying for shipping from online retailers, why not sign up for Amazon Prime which allows you to get free 2-day shipping on a great majority of products found on Amazon?
Know that some things may seem like the same price across the board, but often are not. A great example of this is prescription drugs. Did you know that pharmacies make their own prices on these drugs? One store can sell something for much lower and with the price of prescriptions these days, it is important to save where you can.
Keep your smart phone handy. If you are out shopping for something, keep your phone available for looking at prices at other stores so you don’t have to spend all day driving from store to store. Additionally, many stores will price match competitors so this can be very handy in haggling for the best deal around.
Compare “outside the box”. Don’t just shop specialty stores for something you are looking for. Make sure to check out outlet stores, department stores and even thrift stores. I can’t tell you how many times I was close to buying something when I thought I had found the right price only to be glad I didn’t when just a couple days later, I found a used one at a thrift store for a fraction of the price.
Combine good deals with coupons. When you find the best deal on something, whether it be a new TV or groceries, try to seek out coupons to save even more. You can often find these online. And in the case of groceries, it might be a good idea to have a price book so you can keep an eye out when prices change.
It’s not too late to join the 52 Week Money Challenge.
Why should You join the 52 week money savings challenge?
Most families are on the constant look out for ways to save more money. This challenge is easy and doesn’t require you to do a lot each week. It starts out with just saving a $1 on the first week. Or, if you’re doing the challenge in reverse, then $52 bucks.
It’s an easy way to save money and it does work if you apply just a little self-discipline and you are determined to save money. And having a goal is a good way reach your saving objective. Below are a few saving goal:
- You can use the money you saved to pay for your Christmas at the end of the year.
- Go on a vacation
- Jump-start a college fund
- Pay off debt
- Buy a car
- This could be your first time actually saving money in a bank account
The reasons for saving extra money are endless!But the key is getting started!
People tend to do better when faced with a challenge (of any kind).
- You will receive a weekly email reminder telling you to make your deposit into the bank or jar
- You will also receive a weekly savings tip on a way that you can save that week.
- You will receive inspiring stories and ways to save money each week!
- Many people and blogs start out doing this challenge within their communities. But by March, most have fallen off the band wagon. As you can see,by just looking at our 52 weekly challenge archive, you can see that we kept up with it each week.
- I’ve personally and successfully completed this money saving challenge two years in a row! I am doing this challenge right along with you and to encourage you along the way. And if you need to tweak it to fit your families needs, save more , etc. then I am here to help you with that too!
- You can find out more about the 52 Week Challenge HERE
So, let’s get started! Sign up today to start receiving the 52 week money saving challenge newsletter!