Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Planning Week 5/5: 6 Meals $41
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Steak and Salad $8.49
- 1 lb Eye of Round, sliced into 1 inch thick steaks
- 1 t salt (pantry)
- ½ t pepper (pantry)
- 1 t garlic powder (pantry)
- ¼ C cold strong coffee (pantry)
- 2 bags Taylor Farms Avocado Ranch chopped salad
Directions: In a plastic zippy bag, place the salt, pepper, garlic, and coffee; mix well. Add the eye of round, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight. Remove the steaks and grill, pan-fry, or broil to desired doneness. Prepare the salad as directed on the package. Serve the steak over the salad in individual bowls.
Meal 2: Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts with Asparagus $6.09
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally into 2 pieces each
- 8 slices Meijer bacon
- 1 t chili powder (pantry)
- ½ t salt (pantry)
- ½ t pepper (pantry)
- Olive oil (pantry)
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested (pantry)
- 2 T butter (pantry)
Directions: In a small bowl, mix the salt, pepper, and chili powder. Sprinkle over both sides of each piece of chicken and wrap in 2 slices of bacon. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1 T of the oil and add the chicken. Brown on both sides, crisping the bacon slightly. Place the pan in a 400°F oven for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is done throughout. In a saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the asparagus and brown slightly. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with the lemon juice and zest. Serve with the chicken.
Meal 3: Sausage, Peppers, and Onions with Fries $7.88
- 1 pkg Meijer Italian sausage (sweet or hot)
- 2 green peppers, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin (pantry)
- 5 Meijer hot dog buns
- 1 pkg Meijer French fries, any variety
Directions: Place the onions and peppers in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with the sausage, cover, and set to low for 6-8 hours. Prepare the fries as directed on the package. (For crispier fries, drizzle with olive oil before baking.) Serve the sausages in the buns, topped with onions and peppers.
Meal 4: Cheesy Pizza Pasta Bake $5.36
- 1 pkg Meijer elbow macaroni
- 1 jar Meijer pasta sauce, any variety
- 1 2.5 oz Armour sliced pepperoni
- ½ t marjoram (pantry)
- 1 pkg Meijer shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions: Prepare the macaroni as directed on the package; drain well. In a large casserole dish, mix the sauce, marjoram, pepperoni, and 1 ½ cups of the cheese. Mix in the macaroni, cover, and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover, top with the remaining cheese, and bake another 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
Meal 5: Burgers and Beans $6.62
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 2 T milk (pantry)
- 2 T steak seasoning (such as Montreal)
- 4 Meijer hamburger buns
- Condiments as desired (pantry)
- 2 28 oz cans Meijer baked beans, any variety
Directions: In a bowl, mix the beef, milk, and seasoning well. Form into 4 patties and grill or broil to desired doneness. In a saucepan, bring the beans to a simmer for 15 minutes. Serve the burgers on the buns with desired condiments.
Meal 6: Easy Chicken Pot $7.18
- 1 ½ lb chicken breasts
- 1 pkg mini Bella mushrooms
- 1 pkg Little Potato Company creamer potatoes
- 2 onions, sliced (pantry)
- Salt and pepper
Directions: Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker, seasoning with the salt and pepper. Cover and set to low for 6-8 hours.
This week, six delicious homemade meals will cost only $41.62!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE