Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Plan Week 9/1: 6 Meals $37
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget-friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on Fresh Outta Time, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Roasted Chicken with Rice and Vegetables $7:40
- 5 lb whole chicken, giblets removed and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 boxes Rice A Roni, any flavor, plus ingredients per package directions
- 1 bag Meijer frozen vegetables, any variety
Directions: Place the chicken, breast side up, in a roasting pan. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and place in a 425°F oven for 1 ½ hours, until a thermometer reads 165°F when placed in the thickest part of the thigh. Uncover and place back in the oven, roasting another 10-15 minutes to brown the skin. Prepare the rice as directed on the package and steam the vegetables to the desired doneness. Reserve leftover chicken for the next meal.
Meal 2: Chicken Fricassee $4.76
- Leftover chicken, shredded, skin and bones discarded or saved for stock (pantry)
- 1 bag Meijer frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 pkts Meijer chicken gravy
- 1 family-sized pkg Idahoan garlic mashed potatoes, plus ingredients per package directions
Directions: Prepare the gravy as directed on the packet. Add in the chicken and vegetables and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and hot. Prepare the potatoes as directed on the package. Serve the chicken mixture over the potatoes.
Meal 3: Stuffed Pepper Soup $6.70
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (pantry)
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 Aloha pepper, diced
- 1 ½ t Italian seasoning (pantry)
- 4 C Meijer beef stock
- 1 28 oz can Meijer crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can Meijer petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 C cooked rice (pantry)
Directions: Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic until no pink remains in the beef. Drain and add to a stockpot. Add in the peppers, seasoning, stock, and tomatoes. Simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the peppers are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the rice, simmer another 3-4 minutes, and serve.
Meal 4: Pierogies in Sauerkraut $6.29
- 2 boxes Mrs. T’s savory onion or classic cheddar pierogies
- 1 bag Meijer sauerkraut
- ½ C water (pantry)
Directions: Place the pierogies in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Top with the sauerkraut, undrained. Sprinkle with the water, cover with foil, and bake in a 350°F for 1 hour or until the pierogies are tender.
Meal 5: Herbed Pork Loin Roast with Roasted Potatoes $9.45
- 4 lb boneless center cut pork loin
- 1 t oregano (pantry)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (pantry)
- 2 t salt (pantry)
- 1 t pepper (pantry)
- 1 ½ lb bag The Little Potato Company potatoes
- 2 T olive oil (pantry)
- Salt and pepper (pantry)
Directions: Place the pork loin in a slow cooker, fat side up. In a bowl, mix the oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture on the loin. Cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. About an hour before serving, place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in a 425°F oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve with the roast. Reserve leftovers for the next meal.
Meal 6: Pork Red Sauce with Spaghetti $2.79
- Leftover pork, cubed or shredded (pantry)
- 2 jars Meijer red sauce, any variety
- 1 box Meijer spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese (pantry)
Directions: Place the pork and red sauce in a slow cooker. Cover and set to low for 4-8 hours. Prepare the pasta as directed on the package. Serve with the red sauce and parmesan, if desired.
This week, six delicious meals cost only $37.39!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE