Light & Cool Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
This easy dessert is always a BIG hit in our house! I’ve also made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it’s the perfect, light dessert after a BIG meal 🙂
I’ll be the first to say, I’m not one to tinker around in the kitchen… but when I do, I try to come up with recipes and dishes that are quick to make and I will not burn the house down!
I came across this recipe about 2 years ago and I honestly don’t remember where I initially saw it (may have been pinterest). I have tweaked the recipe a bit to make it my own, so here is my version of this cool & light Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait! Enjoy!
*Also if you’re a lover of all things Cheesecake, be sure to check out my easy recipe for No Oreo Bake Cheesecake.
Cost for this recipe:
Graham Crackers- $2.50 for a box
Sour Cream- .99 cents
Cream of Cheese- $1.07
Whipped topping- $2.00 (I brought this as a deal with the strawberries which ended up being .17 cents)
I had all of the other ingredients (plucked from my stockpile_
p.s. my kids are super picky eaters and they actually loved this one (well 2 out of 3 did!)
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- ½ stick of melted butter
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons cup sour cream (the originally recipe called for ½ cup)
- 2/3-1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-4 teaspoons Amaretto ( I went a little heavy on this one, lol)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- mint springs, for garnish (optional)
- Slice the strawberries into a bowl and sprinkle with sugar ( I added a teaspoon of water) Toss and set aside.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and one tablespoon of sugar. ( I did not put sugar in this part)
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and Amaretto and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Assemble Parfaits:
- Place about 1-2 tablespoons of the graham cracker crust into the bottom of your glass. It’s great to use clear cups or glass so you can see the parfait as well. Layer with 1-2 tablespoons of the cheesecake filling, then layer with strawberries (about 4-5). Continue to repeat this process until you get to the top. (I only do 2 rounds of layering). I also added whipped cream to the top and then add the garnish (this is optional).
- Eat immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. You can also store the remaining amounts to make more. My leftovers usually last about a week!