We love all things mint chocolate, and this Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark Recipe is definitely a must-have! There is just something so amazing about the combination of mint and chocolate together. For years, it has been a classic combination and one we all love to have as a special after-dinner treat.
Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark Recipe
This recipe is a great holiday treat, but it is also perfect for anytime you want just a little sweet treat. Making this Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark Recipe is also a great fun treat to make with your children!
Ingredients for Mint Chocolate Bark:
- 16 oz. white chocolate chips
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box Andes Crème de Menthe Thins
- Green food coloring
- Optional: 1 teaspoon mint extract
Directions for Mint Chocolate Bark:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Unwrap the entire box of Andes Crème de Menthe thins and chop them coarsely. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a bowl according to package directions. Add mint extract if desired and stir to combine.
- Add 3 drops of green food coloring (or more depending on the desired color).
- Spread the white chocolate layer evenly on the prepared baking sheet. The bark does not need to cover the entire pan – it can be a thicker or a thinner consistently depending on personal preference.
- Refrigerate the white chocolate layer for at least 15 minutes to allow it to harden.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bowl according to package directions.
- Once the white chocolate layer is hardened, spread the melted semi-sweet chocolate over the top evenly.
- Immediately sprinkle the coarsely chopped mints onto the bark and gently press larger pieces into the top.
- Refrigerate bark for 30 minutes to allow it to set.
- Once cooled, place the bark onto a cutting board and using a sharp knife, break the bark into pieces.
*Bark may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Yields: 2 pounds bark
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 45 minutes cool time = 55 Total minutes
As you can see, this batch of mint chocolate bark is going to be full of flavor, and a perfect option for sharing with friends and family. Make a large batch and store in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or bag up pieces and hand out to your neighbors, friends, and family!
More Delicious Recipes: