It’s the first week of the 52 week money challenge! If you need help with weekly reminders, then sign up for our 52 week challenge newsletter!
Here’s this week’s savings tip:
This week’s savings tip is all about making a list! Did you know that making a list and STICKING to it is a game-changer?!
It seems like a simple thing to do, but making a list before you go shopping can really help you avoid making out of budget purchases. Of all the times I go to the grocery store without a list, I am shocked at how much the total is when I get to the register because of all those extras I threw in my cart that were “just a couple dollars”. It adds up fast and what’s more, you end up with odds and ends that were not planned for and may go to waste.
Simply making a list before you leave can be great for making sure you stay on budget. Don’t allow anything to go in your cart that is not on the list. To help yourself stay even more on budget, start taking mental notes of how much common items you purchase cost and do a tally before you leave so you have a very close estimate of what your list will cost when you are done.
There are some great apps, such as “Out of Milk” that make it easy to make lists, add up totals and categorize. (you can find best money saving apps here)
I hope this tip was helpful to you, and if so, would you please share it? Also, join me in the 52 Week Money Challenge for more “Money Saves Way Tips!”
More tips to help you save and work on being financially savvy:
It’s not too late to join the 52 Week Money Challenge.
Why should You join the 52 week money savings challenge?
Most families are on the constant look out for ways to save more money. This challenge is easy and doesn’t require you to do a lot each week. It starts out with just saving a $1 on the first week. Or, if you’re doing the challenge in reverse, then $52 bucks.
It’s an easy way to save money and it does work if you apply just a little self-discipline and you are determined to save money. And having a goal is a good way reach your saving objective. Below are a few saving goal:
- You can use the money you saved to pay for your Christmas at the end of the year.
- Go on a vacation
- Jump-start a college fund
- Pay off debt
- Buy a car
- This could be your first time actually saving money in a bank account
The reasons for saving extra money are endless!But the key is getting started!
People tend to do better when faced with a challenge (of any kind).
- You will receive a weekly email reminder telling you to make your deposit into the bank or jar
- You will also receive a weekly savings tip on a way that you can save that week.
- You will receive inspiring stories and ways to save money each week!
- Many people and blogs start out doing this challenge within their communities. But by March, most have fallen off the band wagon. As you can see,by just looking at our 52 weekly challenge archive, you can see that we kept up with it each week.
- I’ve personally and successfully completed this money saving challenge two years in a row! I am doing this challenge right along with you and to encourage you along the way. And if you need to tweak it to fit your families needs, save more , etc. then I am here to help you with that too!
- You can find out more about the 52 Week Challenge HERE
So, let’s get started! Sign up today to start receiving the 52 week money saving challenge newsletter!