Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Take the guesswork out of meal planning by using our Meijer Weekly Meal Plan. 6 easy meals for $43 this week.
Meijer Meal Planning Week 1/6: 6 Meals for $43
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Asian Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps $7.49
- 1 ½ lb chicken thighs
- 1 8 oz pkg mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (pantry)
- ½ inch ginger piece, minced (pantry)
- 2-3 T oil, sesame or olive (pantry)
- 1 10 oz pkg Mann’s organic broccoli slaw
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
Directions: Place the chicken in a slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, cover, and set to low for 6-8 hours. Remove the chicken and shred, discarding skin and bones. In a saute pan, saute the mushrooms, garlic, and ginger in the oil until the mushrooms are soft. Add in the slaw mix and chicken, mixing well. Saute until the slaw is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Serve the chicken mixture on the lettuce leaves, rolled up like burritos, with sweet Asian chili sauce, if desired.
Meal 2: Coffee Braised Top Round Roast (2-Ways) with Roasted Potatoes $11.97
- 3 lb top round roast
- 1 t salt (pantry)
- ½ t pepper (pantry)
- 2 T chili powder (smoked works great) (pantry)
- 2 T cocoa powder, unsweetened (pantry)
- ½ t ground cumin (pantry)
- 1 t dried oregano (pantry)
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced thin (pantry)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (pantry)
- 1 C coffee, strongly brewed (pantry)
- 2 ½ lb red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- ¼ C olive oil (pantry)
- Salt and pepper (pantry)
Directions: Cut the roast into a few pieces; set aside. In a small bowl, mix the 1 t salt, ½ t pepper, chili and cocoa powders, cumin, and oregano. Rub all sides of the meat with the mixture. Place the onions in a slow cooker. Top with rubbed meat and garlic; pour the coffee over the assembled ingredients, cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. About an hour before serving, place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 425°F oven for 20 minutes. Turn with a spatula, and roast another 20-30 minutes, until outsides are brown and crisp and insides are tender. Reserve half of roast for the next meal.
Meal 3: Beef Hash $2.00
- Leftover beef roast, shredded (pantry)
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes diced potatoes
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- Olive oil (pantry)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs (pantry)
Directions: Saute the potatoes and onion with some olive oil over medium-high heat until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Add in the shredded meat and heat through. In another pan, cook the eggs as desired. Serve the eggs over the meat mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Meal 4: Mock Cheesesteak Sandwiches with Fries $10.45
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 1 pkg Meijer shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg Aunt Millie’s super sub buns
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen French fries, any variety
Directions: Brown the ground beef and onion, until no pink is left in the beef and the onion is clear. Drain well. Mix in the cheese and allow to melt. Prepare the potatoes as directed on the package. Serve the meat mixture in the buns.
Meal 5: Tomato Simmered Pork Chops with Pasta $4.69
- 1 lb pork loin chops
- 2 24 oz jars Meijer pasta sauce, any variety
- 1 box Meijer pasta, any variety
Directions: Trim fat off the pork chops and place in a slow cooker. Top with the pasta sauce, cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. Remove meat, shred, and return to the sauce, discarding any bones and remaining fat. Prepare the pasta as directed on the package. Serve with the sauce.
Meal 6: Corn Chip Cheesy Bake $6.93
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 1 t olive oil (pantry)
- 1 29 oz can Meijer tomato sauce
- 1 can Meijer pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Meijer black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg Meijer taco seasoning
- 1 10 oz bag Meijer original corn chips
- 1 pkg Meijer shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Iceberg lettuce (leftover from chicken wraps) shredded (pantry)
- Sour cream (if desired)
Directions: Saute the onion in oil until clear; drain. Add the sauce, beans, and taco seasoning; mix well and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Top with chips, pressing them lightly into the bean mixture, then sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly. Serve with lettuce and sour cream, if desired.
This week, six homemade meals will cost only $43.53!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE