Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Plan Week 8/4: 6 Meals $38
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget-friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on Fresh Outta Time, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Easy Chicken Tacos $8.96
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded, skin and bones discarded
- 1 pkg Old El Paso Stand n Stuff taco shells
- 1 16 oz Meijer Sour cream
- 1 14.5 oz can Meijer petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 pkts Old El Paso Chicken taco seasoning
Directions: Place the shredded chicken in a saute pan. Add the seasoning and water, as directed on the package. Simmer according to the directions. Warm the taco shells according to the package. Place the chicken in the shells, top with sour cream and tomatoes.
Meal 2: Beefy Macaroni $5.27
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced (pantry)
- 1 jar Meijer pasta sauce, any red variety
- 1 14.5 oz can Meijer petite diced tomatoes
- 1 box Meijer elbow macaroni
Directions: Brown the ground beef, onions, and garlic until the beef is cooked through; Drain. Place in a large saucepan along with the sauce and tomatoes and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes. Bring a stock pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to the package directions, minus 1 minute of cook time. Strain and add the macaroni to the sauce mixture. Cover and remove from the heat for 5 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese and crusty bread if desired.
Meal 3: Sausage Tropical Shish Kabobs $4.56
- 1 pkg Eckrich smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can Meijer chunk pineapple in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ C brown sugar (pantry)
- Pinch red pepper flakes (pantry)
- 2 C rice (pantry)
- 4 C water (pantry)
Directions: Skewer the sausage, pineapple, and red pepper. In a bowl, mix the pineapple juice, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Grill or broil the skewers, basting and turning until sausage is browned and pineapple is caramelized. Place the rice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed. Serve the skewers over the rice.
Meal 4: Steak and Salad $5.11
- 1 lb eye of round steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb romaine leaf lettuce, chopped
- ½ lb tomatoes on the vine, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Salad dressing of choice (pantry)
Directions: Season the steaks with salt and pepper; grill or broil to desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice thinly across the grain. Prepare the salads in individual bowls with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. Top with the steak and salad dressing.
Meal 5: Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs with Roasted Broccoli $4.56
- 2 lb chicken thighs
- 1 t sea salt (pantry)
- ¾ t smoked paprika (pantry)
- ½ t garlic powder (pantry)
- ¼ t pepper (pantry)
- Pinch ground red pepper (pantry)
- 2 broccoli crowns, cut into chunks
- Olive oil (pantry)
- Sea salt (pantry)
Directions: In a small bowl, mix the 1 t sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers. Rub on the chicken and grill or bake until no pink remains near the bone, turning over every 10 minutes or so. Place the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with the salt and roast in a 425°F oven for 10-15 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
Meal 6: Barbecue Country Ribs and Macaroni and Cheese $8.77
- 2 lb country ribs
- 1 18 oz bottle Kraft barbecue sauce, any variety
- 2 boxes (from a 3pk) Velveeta shells and cheese
Directions: Place the ribs in a slow cooker and top with the barbecue sauce; cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. Prepare the shells and cheese as directed on the package.
This week, six delectable meals for the busy family will cost only $37.23!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE