June Savings Guide- What’s On Sale, Clearance, Freebies & More!
Each month there are certain deals and savings you can get that will help stretch your dollars even more! For an example, buying hotdogs during the next month or so will give you the best deal!
This is my guide to what to buy, what’s on clearance, and what’s in season in the month of June. Its helps you to understand the monthly grocery June sale cycle as well as other promotional cycles. Planning ahead is the best way to save.
For all of my Target shoppers- be on the look out for these GREAT clearance items this month!!
Items you’ll find on clearance in June:
- Graduation party supplies (consider purchasing now for a graduation next year)
- Gifts for mothers after Father’s Day (Cologne gift set,Father’s Day themed items (after June 18th) ties, men’s shirts, socks, mens shoes, hand tools, power cordless tools etc)
- Exercise items & some equipment
A good time to buy in June:
- Graduation supplies (signs, napkins, party goods etc) buy toward end of month into June and tuck away for next year (if applies)
- Cookout-barbecue supplies: Hot dogs, hamburger meat, rolls & buns, cheese, charcoal
- Watermelon (on sale most of the summer but best prices week of holidays)
- Father’s Day gifts (Power tools, sanders, drills, hand tools, grills & supplies)
- Gift Card mall gift cards from grocery stores that offer perks for purchase (Example a $20 Catalina coupon back when you purchase $100 in Home Depot gift cards)
- Cheese, butter, milk, cream cheese, ice cream, yogurt, popsicles (for National Dairy Month) Buy on sale & freeze extra (stock up when you find a great deal!)
- Gardening items
- Picnic, barbecue, cookout supplies (cheapest toward the week of the holidays but on sale many times over the summer)
Here’s a list of what’s in season in June:
- honey dew melons
Consider “pick your own” farms to stock up on inexpensive fruit and vegetables for summer canning & freezing
- Discuss an emergency preparedness plan with your family. Write down your plan. Keep a list of the items you still need & make efforts to find them on sale & purchase over the next 1 to 3 months (hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th)
- Remember to schedule your little ones for free events like the Lowes Build and Grow or Home Depot
- Harvest buttons and shoe laces off of shirts and shoes that are unusable and can’t be donated (save for another use, pair of shoes etc)
- Close blinds and curtains to keep sun out on hot days to reduce cooling costs
- Consider going to yard sales to pick up camping supplies & summer clothes
- If possible dry clothes on a clothes line outside during summer months
- Challenge your family to a weekend of “no spending”
- Start summer meal planning. Plan light meals that are frequently cooked outside (so as not to heat up your house while cooking)
- Discuss what is working in your frugal plan & what needs improvements. Make adjustments as needed for your family
- Aquarium Month (check for ticket deals at your local Aquarium)
- Candy Month
- Dairy Month (this is a GREAT time to buy extra on sale and freeze)
- National Adopt a Cat Month
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month (most fruit & veggies are on sale because they’re in season)
- Rose Month (most are in bloom so lower price at florist & sale on rose bushes)
- Turkey Lovers Month (you may find sales on deli turkey meat but whole turkey are cheapest before Thanksgiving)
Thanks to Frugal Family Fun for compiling this list!