Hey Michigan friends! It’s that time of year again, FREE Fishing Weekend in Michigan!
“Two days twice a year, families and friends can enjoy one of Michigan’s premiere outdoor activities, Michigan Fishing, for FREE!
The 2018 Free Fishing Weekends are scheduled for this winter: February 17 & 18 and this summer: June 9 & 10.
All fishing license fees will be waived for two days. Residents and out-of-state visitors may enjoy fishing on both inland and Great Lakes’ waters for all species of fish. All fishing regulations will still apply.
For many, the annual Free Fishing Weekend has become a tradition – a time to get together and have some fishing fun. While some may find time to reflect while fishing, there are no limits to variations on a great theme! Experienced anglers who offer a child or young adult the chance to take their first fishing trip can provide a rewarding experience for all. People who fish tend to understand the natural aquatic network of plants and animals that help to sustain fish as well as the regulations that govern fishing in Michigan.”
You can get more information about Free Fishing in Michigan by going to the DNR’s website.
You can check out more FREE/Cheap things to do in Michigan:
- 51 Free Things to Do In Detroit
- Free/Cheap Things To Do In Grand Rapids
- Over 150 Free/Cheap Things To Do in Lansing
- Summer Movies Just $1.00 in Mid-Michigan
- Free Summer Family Movies in Michigan
- 100+ Summer Bucket List of Things To do in Michigan
- Free Summer Concerts In Mid-Michigan
- 26 FREE Things To Do in Petoskey