If your pantry is a little bare, it may be missing a few key essentials! Be sure your Pantry is stocked with these must-have items: 50+ Things Every Well-Stocked Pantry Should Have
50+ Things Every Well-Stocked Pantry Should Have
Are you trying to stock your pantry? You may not have an endless budget for your pantry, but there are several things every well-stocked pantry should have. This is especially true if you cook from scratch or eat at home a lot. Here are 50+ things that every well-stocked pantry should have! And keep in mind our 7 Awesome Cleaning and Organizing tips for the Pantry.
First, you need to have the basics for the regular pantry. Here are the items you don’t want to be without in your pantry.
- All-purpose flour and self-rising flour
- Sugar- granulated and powdered
- Spices- fresh and bottled
- Nonstick spray
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato Paste, Tomato Juice, & Diced Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Balsamic vinegar,
- Canned beans, kidney beans, chili beans
- Rice, lentils,
- Pasta such as spaghetti, macaroni, and
- Chicken broth and stock
- Canned veggies like corn, green beans, peas
- Canned tuna and canned chicken
- Nuts- walnuts, peanuts, almonds
- Potatoes- Canned and fresh
- Bread crumbs
- Basic Salad Dressings
- Ketchup (an extra bottle to have on hand)!
- Crackers- soup and oyster
- Peanut butter- crunchy and smooth
- An assortment of sauces like tobacco sauce, steak sauce, BBQ sauce
- Variety of dried fruits
- Inexpensive food like ramen
- Baking soda, baking powder
- Vanilla for baking
- Box of stuffing for just in case
- Onion, garlic, basil
- Drinking water, distilled water
Be sure to read 7 Hacks for Cleaning and Organizing your Fridge and Freezer
After you’ve stocked the dried goods, you’ll want to consider adding the following items to your fridge. Most of the time you’ll need some of these items to complete a meal.
- Gallon of milk or a ½ gallon, depending on how much you use
- At least a dozen of eggs
- Couple sticks of real butter
- Fresh fruits and veggies (corn, apples, oranges, carrots, collard greens, broccoli, cauliflower, grapes, cucumber, lettuce)
- Yogurt (plain or flavored
- Variety of cheeses.
- Fruit juice
- Cream cheese
Here are some items you’ll want to keep in your freezer, for just in case! And be sure to check out the top things you can freeze: 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Freeze
- Frozen Fish and or shrimp
- Hot dogs, hamburger patties
- Frozen fruit juice
This list is perfect for those who are buying a new home and need to know what to stock their pantry with. This also works as a nice list for your own house in case you aren’t sure of what to stock your home with. This list also works wonders if you plan on helping someone who has just lost their home to a fire or another natural disaster and they’re starting over.
What would you add to this list?