Here’s an easy, budget-friendly recipe to make for dinner! Celebrate #bratsgiving with this recipe idea using rigatoni pasta, veggies, and grilled brats!
Hey my Meijer + A Mitten Full Of Savings readers, today my husband, Derrick is sharing a quick, and fun recipe in this sponsored post using Johnsonville’s Brats to help us get ready for #bratsgiving! Read on for the recipe and why this is important!
Rigatoni Pasta + Grilled Brats Recipe
Summer is quickly coming to an end, and we’re prepping for another busy school year. Parents, one thing you don’t want to stress about is getting dinner on the table. Between working, picking up the kids from school, sports, extracurricular activities, and of course, homework is going to eat up most of your time. I’m usually sharing our recipes on our blog, This Worthey Life, but today I’m sharing this easy recipe here for all of Tatanisha’s Meijer shoppers! I’ve put together this easy dinner idea made with pasta and Johnsonville’s Limited Edition Brats. The Limited Edition flavors are Jalapeno Cheddar and Firecracker, currently available in Meijer stores.
Did you know August 16th is National Bratwurst Day? Bratsgiving Day is a day to give to others, and along with good food (a.k.a Johnsonville’s bratwurst), and good people, celebrate the day the Johnsonville way!
Yes, it’s an excellent way to kick off your #bratsgiving party with these limited editions flavor found at Meijer, and use the $2.00 off 4.00 mPerk coupon to save!
- Johnsonville’s Brats are currently on sale for $3.50 each this week at Meijer (sale valid till 8/19) Pay $3.00 each wyb 4 using the mPerk coupon found in your mPerk account.
Want to learn more about #bratsgiving?? Read about Carl, the Great Bratsgiver!
Try our Rigatoni + Grilled Bratwurst pasta dish. It is fast, easy as pie, and just so happens to be kid-friendly and oh so delicious.
Rigatoni Pasta + Grilled Bratwurst
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Limited Edition Jalapeños & Cheddar Bratwurst
- 1 pkg Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Prepare Johnsonville Limited Edition Firecracker and or Jalapeños & Cheddar Bratwurst ahead of time on the grill. After cooking cut 4-5 bratwurst into 1-inch slices, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and toss with extra virgin olive oil, freshly cracked black peppercorns, and sea salt to taste.
- Sauté vegetables and mushrooms over med-high heat using a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add sliced bratwurst, and veggie mixture to the pasta, then add the marinara sauce. Tossed until well combined.
- Serve topped with green onion and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Meijer recently partnered with Johnsonville to make a wish come true. In Comstock Township, the Fire & Rescue’s fire chief was recently killed in the line of duty while assisting with a car accident. The couple’s wish was for a bratsgiving BBQ celebration in honor of the Fire & Rescue team. This past week, Meijer and Johnsonville honored this local cause by putting together a #bratsgiving party.
Now it’s your turn! Put together your own #bratsgiving celebration for your family and friends. You can use our Rigatoni + Grilled Bratwurst recipe, or come up with your own bratsgiving idea.
How will you celebrate? Drop a comment below and let us know!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.