Porchetta Style Pork Chop Recipe
My husband is the Chef in our house and last week he made these AMAZING pork chops! And naturally, I told him he had to share this recipe with all of you.. so here it is in his words:
I was inspired to try this Porchetta Style Pork Chop recipe from watching a video clip via the New York Time’s Melissa Clark. I changed the ingredients (not too much) to suit my particular tastes and by what I had on-hand. I got the pork chops at Meijer. I simply asked the butcher if I could get 1 1/2″ chops and he was very accommodating. The total cost of 4 chops was $12.00!
Also, this is one of those recipes that isn’t as involved as it appears. As a matter of fact, it is really quite simplistic. Enjoy.
- Chop about a ¼ cup of each herb. Combine them and bind with 2 tablespoons of good olive oil.
- Stuff a couple of teaspoons of the herb mixture into each Pork Chop. Make sure you put some on the outside of the chop as well.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil until it starts to smoke. Brown pork chops for 5-minutes per side.
- Once they are all brown place the meat in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer displays an internal temperature of 135. We decided to put ours on the grill.
- Remove pork chops from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.