Have fun with your Peeps with this Easter Treat- Peeps Sunflower Cake – Easter Treat.
Peeps Sunflower Cake – Easter Treat
Get your “peeps” together for Easter and serve this creative Peeps Sunflower Cake. Not only will this cake be the topic of your dinner, but everyone will LOVE your creativity. They will think that you slaved for hours to make this cake.
Nope. You just need to bake the cake. That’s the most time-consuming thing in this Easter recipe. Once you bake the cake, adding the peeps to your Sunflower cake is a “piece of cake”!
So let’s get started!
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 3 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tsp Milk
- 2 packages of Yellow Peeps Chicks
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to make a Peeps Sunflower Cake
- Make 2 single-layer cakes according to box directions.
- Allow cooling completely.
- Cream butter, vanilla, cocoa, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add milk until desired consistency icing is reached.
- Ice the cakes and stack. The more level the cake is, the better the effect.
- Place chicks around the edge of the cake facing inward (it will take 19 of the chicks). Do not separate them.
- Sprinkle chips in the middle like seeds on a sunflower.
Find more Easter Fun:
- Recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Bark Recipe: Great For Easter
- Easter Recipe: White Chocolate Bunny Peeps
- 15 EASTER CRAFTS FOR ALL AGES
- Baked Donut Nests for Easter
- 17 Slow Cooker Easter Recipes
- 15 Spring Crafts To Try This Year