It’s a new shopping week at Meijer. Using the Meijer Weekly Ad, you can find 6 meal ideas under $39. Use this week’s meal plans to help you save money and time!
Meijer Meal Plans Week 5/19: 6 Meals Under $39
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: All American Burgers with Caesar Salad $5.84
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 4 Meijer hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese (pantry)
- Condiments, as desired (pantry)
- 1 bag Dole Ultimate Caesar salad kit
Directions: Form the burgers into 4 patties and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill, broil, or pan fry to desired doneness. Top with cheese and place on the buns. Make up the salad as directed on the package.
Meal 2: Barbecued Chicken with Corn on the Cob $4.65
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied open
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce, any variety
- 8 ears corn on the cob, husks removed
- Butter (pantry)
Directions: Grill or broil the chicken, basting with the barbecue sauce until no pink remains in the chicken and the barbecue sauce are caramelized. Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Add the corn and boil for 3 minutes. Remove and serve with butter.
Meal 3: Roasted Salmon with Asparagus $9.48
- 1 ½ lbs Atlantic salmon filet
- Salt and pepper (pantry)
- 1 lb asparagus, rinsed well and the cut end trimmed
- 2 T butter (pantry)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
Directions: Place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake in a 425°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. In a pan, melt the butter and saute the asparagus until slightly browned. Top the fish with the lemon juice and the asparagus with the lemon zest.
Meal 4: Lentil Stew $7.56
- 2 lbs red or green lentils (or a mixture)
- 2 32 oz containers Meijer chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 2 carrots, diced (pantry)
- 3 ribs celery, diced (pantry)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 T olive oil (pantry)
- Salt and pepper
Directions: In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and saute until the onions start to turn golden brown. Add in the lentils, tomatoes, and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the lentils are tender. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
Meal 5: Queso Brats with Fries $5.60
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Queso brats
- 5 Meijer hotdog buns
- Condiments, as desired
- 1 bag Meijer French fries, any variety
Directions: Prepare the fries as directed on the package. Grill, broil, or pan-fry the sausages until no pink remains in the middle. Serve the brats on the buns with desired condiments.
Meal 6: Quick Pasta with Garlic Bread $5.29
- 2 jars Meijer pasta sauce, any variety
- 1 box Meijer pasta, any variety
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen garlic bread
Direction: Heat the pasta sauce to simmering. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta per the package directions. Prepare the bread as directed on the package.
This week, six mouthwatering meals cost only $38.42!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE