Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
It’s a new week at Meijer. Meal planning is one of the BEST ways to save money- check out the Meijer Weekly ad + recipes ideas to go along with it!
Meijer Meal Planning Week 3/31: 6 Meals $39
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Chili-Rubbed Chicken with Baked Potatoes and Broccoli $4.92
- 1 ½ lb split chicken breasts
- 2 t chili powder (pantry)
- 1 t salt (pantry)
- ½ t pepper (pantry)
- 1 t smoked paprika (pantry)
- 4 Russet potatoes, scrubbed and pierced
- butter/sour cream (pantry)
- 2 broccoli crowns
Directions: Place the chicken in a baking dish. In a small bowl, mix the chili powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Rub the chicken with the spice mix and place in a 350°F oven, along with the potatoes, for 1½ hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Steam the broccoli to the desired doneness.
Meal 2: Pizza Burgers and Fries $10.61
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 1 2.5 oz pkg Meijer sliced pepperoni
- 1 14 oz jar Meijer pizza sauce
- ½ pkg Meijer shredded mozzarella
- 4 Meijer hamburger buns
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen French fries, any variety
Directions: Form the ground beef into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper. Broil or pan fry to desired doneness. Top with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese, then cover or return to broiler until the cheese is melted. Serve on hamburger buns. Prepare fries as directed on the package.
Meal 3: Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Rice $1.98
- 2 lb assorted bone-in pork chops
- ⅓ brown sugar (pantry)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (pantry)
- Soy sauce (pantry)
- 2 C rice (pantry)
- 4 C water (pantry)
Directions: Place the pork chops in a baking dish and sprinkle with soy sauce. Coat with the brown sugar and sprinkle the garlic over the top. Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour or until no pink remains when cut near the bone. Place the rice in a large saucepan with the water, cover and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Serve the chops over the rice, spooning the juices over the dish.
Meal 4: Quick Mac & Sausage $4.50
- 1 pkg Hillshire Farms smoked sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 boxes Kraft mac & cheese, plus ingredients per package
Directions: Saute the sausage until browned; remove from heat. Prepare the mac and cheese as directed on the package, add in the sausage and serve.
Meal 5: Parmesan Crusted Perch with Steamed Baby Carrots $5.99
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen perch, thawed and patted dry
- 3 T breadcrumbs (pantry)
- 3 T grated parmesan (pantry)
- 2 t paprika (pantry)
- ½ t basil (pantry)
- 2 T butter, melted (pantry)
- 1 bag Bolthouse baby carrots
- 1 T butter (pantry)
Directions: In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, paprika, and basil. Brush the fish with butter and coat with the crumb mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a 500°F oven for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Steam the carrots to the desired doneness and dot with the remaining 1 T butter.
Meal 6: Easy Chicken Fricasee $10.76
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded, skin and bones discarded
- 1 bag Meijer frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 jars Meijer chicken gravy
- 2 pkts Meijer creamy mashed potatoes, plus ingredients per package
Directions: Heat the gravy in a medium saucepan until just simmering. Add in the frozen vegetables and simmer until tender. Add in the chicken and heat another 4-5 minutes. Prepare the potatoes as directed on the package. Serve the chicken mixture over the potatoes.
This week, six family-friendly meals will cost only $38.76!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE