It’s a new week at Meijer- Check out the Meijer Weekly Ad and our meal planning guide for 6 meals for $39
Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Planning Week 3/17: 6 Meals $39
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Hamburger Steaks with Onion Mushroom Gravy and Green Beans $5.97
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 slices bread, shredded (pantry)
- 1 egg (pantry)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (pantry)
- ½ t salt (pantry)
- ¼ t pepper (pantry)
- 2 onions, sliced thin (pantry)
- 1 16 oz pkg mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 pkt Meijer brown gravy
- 1 ½ C water (pantry)
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
Directions: In a bowl, mix the ground chuck, bread, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties, ½ inch thick. Saute in a deep saute pan. Turn over after 5 minutes, and saute another 5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add the onions and mushrooms as well as the oil to the pan and saute. In a bowl, mix the water and gravy. When the onion mixture is tender, add the gravy mixture and simmer until thick, 8-10 minutes. Add the steaks back to the pan, spoon the gravy mixture over the top, and serve. Steam the beans to desired doneness.
Meal 2: Herb Baked Chicken with Sauteed Summer Squashes $3.76
- 2 lb split chicken breasts
- 1 t salt (pantry)
- ½ t pepper (pantry)
- 1 t rosemary 9pantry)
- ½ t thyme (pantry)
- 1 eggplant, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin (pantry)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (pantry)
- 2 T olive oil (pantry)
Directions: Place the chicken in a baking dish, skin side up. In a small bowl, mix the salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Spread the seasoning over the chicken, cover with foil, and bake in a 425°F oven for 1 hour or until a thermometer placed in the thickest part reads 165°F. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl. Add the eggplant, squashes, onion, and garlic. Saute until tender and slightly browned. Serve with the chicken.
Meal 3: Crusted Cod Filets with Asparagus $7.48
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen cod fillets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 pkt Idahoan mashed potato flakes
- 2 T grated parmesan (pantry)
- Salt and pepper (pantry)
- 1 egg, whisked (pantry)
- 3 T olive oil (pantry)
- 1 lb asparagus, cleaned and ends snapped
- Butter (pantry)
Directions: Place the egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix the potato flakes, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Dip the tops of the fish filets in the egg then the potato mixture. Heat the oil over medium-high heat and place the fish in, potato side down. Saute until golden brown. Turn over and cook until the fish flakes easily, another 5 minutes or so. In another saute pan, heat 2 T butter. Add the asparagus and saute to desired doneness. Serve with additional butter, if desired.
Meal 4: Pork Chops and Stuffing with Brussel Sprouts $7.55
- 2 lb bone-in assorted pork chops
- 2 boxes Meijer pork stuffing mix (plus ingredients per package)
- 1 bag fresh Brussel sprouts, ends cut and outer leaves discarded
- 1 T butter (pantry)
- Juice of ½ lemon (pantry)
Directions: In a bowl, mix the pork stuffing per the package. Place in a slow cooker and top with chops. Cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. About 20 minutes before serving, heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt. Add in the Brussel sprouts and saute until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon juice before serving.
Meal 5: Meat Sauce with Pasta $4.25
- ½ lb ground chuck, crumbled
- 1 t basil (pantry)
- 1 t oregano (pantry)
- ½ t garlic powder (pantry)
- 2 jars Meijer pasta sauce, any red variety
- 1 box Meijer pasta, any variety
Directions: Place the red sauce in a slow cooker. Sprinkle in the crumbled beef and seasonings. Cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. Prepare the pasta as directed on the package. Serve with the sauce.
Meal 6: Easy Chicken Night $10.69
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 bags Dole salad blends
- ½ package Campari tomatoes, chopped
- Salad dressing of choice (pantry)
Directions: Warm the chicken in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes. In a bowl, mix the salad blend, tomatoes, and dressing. Carve the chicken and serve.
This week, six family-friendly meals will cost only $39.70!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE