Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Planning Week 10/7: 6 Meals Under$37
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Turkey Sloppy Joes with Fries $6.79
- 2 lb Meijer frozen ground turkey
- 2 cans Manwich
- 1 pkg Meijer hamburger buns
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen French fries
Directions: Brown the turkey until no pink remains, adding a bit of olive oil if needed; drain. Add the Manwich sauce and simmer 10-15 minutes. Prepare the fries as directed on the package. Serve the Manwich in the buns.
Meal 2: Ham with Baby Carrots and Mashed Potatoes $9.93
- 7 lb Cook’s shank ham
- 1 lb baby carrots
- Butter (pantry)
- 2 pkgs Idahoan mashed potatoes (plus ingredients per package)
Directions: Place the ham in a large roaster and cover. Bake in a 350°F oven for 3-4 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F or greater. Steam the carrots to desired doneness and dot with butter. Prepare the potatoes as directed on the package. Reserve leftover ham for next meal.
Meal 3: Cheesy Rice and Ham Casserole $2.00
- 2 C leftover ham, diced (pantry)
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 1 T olive oil (pantry)
- 2 C rice (pantry)
- 4 C water (pantry)
- 1 pkg Kraft shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ C milk (pantry)
Directions: In a saute pan over medium heat, cook the onion until clear. Add the ham and cook another 5 minutes, until ham is hot throughout. Place the rice and water in a large saucepan; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed. In a lightly greased casserole dish, mix the ham mixture, rice, and half of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese, cover, and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
Meal 4: Garlic Chicken Thighs with Steamed Broccoli $3.49
- 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs
- 1 t garlic powder (pantry)
- Salt and pepper (pantry)
- 1 T olive oil (pantry)
- ½ C chicken broth (pantry)
- 3 T butter (pantry)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (pantry)
- 2 crowns broccoli
- Butter (pantry)
Directions: Season the chicken with a mixture of the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin side down and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add the butter and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add the broth, turn heat to medium high, and stir to remove the bits in the pan. Simmer 4-5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked throughout. Serve with juices. Steam the broccoli to desired doneness and dot with butter.
Meal 5: Smoked Sausage Au Gratin $4.58
- 1 pkg John Morrell smoked sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 pkgs Idahoan Steakhouse Au Gratin casserole
- Ingredients per the package directions
Directions: Prepare the potatoes according to the package directions. Before baking, stir in the sausage. Bake as directed.
Meal 6: Totchos $9.44
- 2 bags Meijer Tater Bites
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg Meijer taco seasoning
- 1 10 oz can Meijer tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 can Meijer black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag Kraft taco cheese
- Sour cream, if desired
Directions: Grease a 9×13 baking dish; add the tater bites and bake in a 450°F oven for 20 minutes or until crispy. While the bites are baking, brown the ground beef and drain; add the taco seasoning per the package directions. Spread the meat over the crispy tots. Top with tomatoes, beans, and cheese. Bake another 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and the dish is hot throughout. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
This week, six delicious homemade meals will cost only $36.23!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE