This week’s Meijer meal plan is based on the Meijer Weekly ad and the 10 for 10 sale- Meijer Meal Planning Week 1/13: 6 Meals $35
Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Planning Week 1/13: 6 Meals $35
It’s the 10 for 10 sale this week at Meijer! And we have a meal plan to match it! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Sunday Turkey Dinner $8.53
- 1 9 lb Honeysuckle turkey, thawed and rinsed
- 1 ½ lb red potatoes, peeled and diced
- Milk (pantry)
- Butter (pantry)
- 1 C all-purpose flour (pantry)
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen vegetables
Directions: Place the turkey, breast side up, in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper inside and out. Cover and bake in a 325°F oven for 3-3 ½ hours, until a thermometer inserted into the thigh read 180°F. About 1 hour before the turkey is due to be finished, place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Season with salt and bring to a simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes and mash with milk and butter to desired consistency. In a bowl, mix the flour with enough cold water to make a thick, smooth slurry. Remove the turkey from the pan and place the drippings in a saucepan. Stir in the flour slurry, whisking to prevent lumps. Heat over medium heat until simmering and thickened. Steam the vegetables to the desired doneness. Reserve leftover turkey and gravy for the next meal.
Meal 2: Turkey and Waffles $2.00
- 3 C leftover turkey, diced (pantry)
- 3 C leftover gravy (pantry)
- 1 bag Meijer mixed vegetables
- 1 box Meijer frozen waffles
Directions: In a saucepan, heat the turkey and gravy until the gravy is warm. Add in the mixed vegetables and bring to a simmer. Toast the waffles to desired crispness. Serve the turkey mixture over the waffles.
Meal 3: Easy Enchilada Bake $8.25
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 1 pkg 18 ct La Banderita corn tortillas
- 1 28 oz can Meijer red enchilada sauce
- 1 8 oz pkg Meijer shredded cheddar cheese
Directions: Brown the beef and onion until no pink remains in the meat. Drain well. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place a layer of tortillas in the pan, top with meat and a sprinkling of cheese. Layer again with another set of tortillas, meat, and cheese, reserving about ½ C of cheese. Top with tortillas then pour the enchilada sauce over the whole pan. Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes until bubbly and hot. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake another 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Meal 4: Tropical Rice and Sausage $2.00
- 1 pkg John Morrell smoked sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 onion, diced (pantry)
- 1 T olive oil (pantry)
- 1 15 oz can chunk pineapple in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 2 C rice (pantry)
- Water (pantry)
Directions: Place the rice in a large saucepan. Place the pineapple juice in a measuring cup and add enough water to equal 4 cups; add to the rice, cover, and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed. In a saute pan, brown the sausage, and onions in the oil. Add the pineapple, brown a few minutes more, and remove from heat. You can serve the meat mixture over the rice or mix them together.
Meal 5: Roasted Pork Loin with Apples and Rice $6.95
- 2 lb boneless pork loin
- 1 lb Fuji apples, cored and diced
- 1 t cumin (pantry)
- 1 t oregano (pantry)
- 1 t salt (pantry)
- ½ t cinnamon (pantry)
- 2 boxes Rice A Roni, any flavor, plus ingredients per package directions
Directions: In a bowl, mix the cumin, oregano, salt, and cinnamon. Rub on the pork loin and place in a slow cooker, fat side up. Add the apples, cover, and set to low for 6-8 hours. About 40 minutes before serving, prepare the rice as directed on the package.
Meal 6: Buffalo Chicken Hoagies $8.21
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 C Franks RedHot wing sauce
- 1 8 oz pkg Meijer cream cheese
- ½ C ranch dressing (pantry)
- 1 pkg Meijer shredded Monterey cheese
- 1 crusty French baguette, cut into 4 pieces and sliced lengthwise
Directions: In a baking dish, place the chicken breast pieces and wing sauce. Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through. To the pan, add the cream cheese and ranch dressing, stirring well to mix. Serve the hot chicken mixture in the bread, topping with the cheese.
This week, 6 homemade meals will cost only $35.94!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE