Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Plan Week 6/16: 6 Meals $45
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on Fresh Outta Time, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Beefy Nachos $7.37
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced (pantry)
- 1 can Rosarita refried beans
- 1 bag Meijer tortilla chips
- 1 pkg Meijer shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 jar Pace Picante sauce
Directions: Brown the ground beef and onion in a saute pan over medium heat until no pink remains in the meat; drain. Add in the beans and heat to simmering, stirring often. On a rimmed baking sheet, place the tortilla chips. Top with the beef mixture and cheese. Bake in a 400°F oven until cheese is melted and chips are browning. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Meal 2: Creamy Herb Stuffed Chicken with Broccoli $6.76
- 2 lb (4 pieces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg Meijer cream cheese, softened
- 1 t fresh dill, minced (pantry)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (pantry)
- ½ t fresh lemon zest (pantry)
- Olive or avocado oil
- 2 broccoli crowns
- Butter, if desired (pantry)
Directions: Cut the chicken horizontally about ⅔ of the way through, making a pocket. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, dill, garlic, and lemon zest. Place ¼ of the mixture into each chicken pocket and press the edges to seal. Heat an oven-proof saute pan over medium-high heat and add a swirl of oil. Add the chicken and brown on either side, about 4 minutes a side. Place the pan in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done throughout. Steam the broccoli to the desired doneness; dot with butter if desired.
Meal 3: Sweet and Sour Smoked Sausage with Rice $5.43
- 2 pkgs John Morrell smoked sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 jar LaChoy Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 peppers, red, orange, yellow or Aloha, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped (pantry)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (pantry)
- Sesame or olive oil (pantry)
- 2 C rice (pantry)
- 4 C water (pantry)
Directions: Place the rice and water in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. In a saute pan over medium-high heat, add a swirl of oil, the sausage, onions, and peppers. Saute until the sausage browns and the onions are slightly caramelized. Add in the garlic and cook an additional 1 minute. Pour in the sauce and stir well. Bring to a simmer and serve over the rice.
Meal 4: Eye of Round Steaks and Salad $9.89
- 1 ½ lb eye of round, cut into steaks
- Salt and pepper (pantry)
- 1 pkg Earthbound Farms organic salad
- ½ lb tomatoes on the vine, chopped
- 1 greenhouse cucumber, sliced
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- Salad dressing of choice (pantry)
Directions: Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, broil, or pan fry to desired doneness. In a bowl, Mix the remaining ingredients. Thinly slice the steak and place on top of the salad. Serve with the dressing.
Meal 5: Salmon and Spanish Rice $8.99
- 1 lb Atlantic salmon
- ½ t salt (pantry)
- ½ t pepper (pantry)
- ½ t paprika (pantry)
- ¼ t cayenne pepper (pantry)
- 2 boxes Zatarain’s Spanish Rice (plus ingredients per package directions)
Directions: In a bowl, mix the salt, peppers, and paprika. Sprinkle liberally over the salmon and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 425°F oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10-15 minutes. Prepare the rice as directed on the package.
Meal 6: Sloppy Dogs and Chips $6.58
- 1 pkg Eckrich bun length hotdogs
- 1 pkg Meijer hotdog buns
- 1 can Manwich sauce, any variety
- 1 bag Meijer potato chips, any variety
Directions: Place the hotdogs in a saute pan and cover with the sauce. Bring to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve on the buns with the chips.
This week, six family-friendly meals will cost only $45.02!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE