Take a moment to subscribe to our Meijer only newsletter. Get all the deals delivered to your email daily!
Meijer Meal Plan Week 10/14: 6 Meals $39
It’s a new week of bringing you these awesome budget friendly meal planning for all of you Meijer Shoppers.
For this week the Meijer Matchups posted here on A Mitten Full Of Savings, I’ve been able to come up with a whole week’s worth of dinners that will cost you less than $50, along with a few things from your pantry! You can also print out my FREE Meal Planning printables that will help you plan and organize your meals each week! (this is always super helpful for me!!)
- This is based on a family of 4-5- so you will need to adjust it accordingly for a bigger or smaller family.
- All items are on sale or part of the lower Meijer price. If you don’t have the pantry items, then you will need to add those into your final price.
Meal 1: Quick Chili $5.62
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cans Meijer dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) Meijer petite diced tomatoes
- 1 lg onion, diced (pantry)
- 3 T chili powder (pantry)
- Salt and pepper (pantry)
Directions: Brown the ground beef and onion in a Dutch oven until no pink remains in the beef; drain. To the Dutch oven, add the beans and tomatoes. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with crackers or crusty bread, if desired.
Meal 2: Barbecue Ribs and Fries $8.85
- 3 lbs St. Louis style ribs
- 1 bottle Open Pit barbecue sauce
- 1 pkg Meijer frozen French fries
Directions: Place the ribs in a slow cooker, cutting into smaller pieces if necessary. Pour the barbecue sauce over the top (tip: get the last of the sauce out with about 3 T apple cider vinegar added to the bottle, top replaced, and shaken). Cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. Prepare the fries according to the package directions.
Meal 3: Pasta with Italian Sausage $5.87
- 1 pkg Meijer Italian sausage
- 2 jars Meijer pasta sauce, any red variety
- 1 pkg Meijer pasta, any variety
Directions: Place the sausage in a slow cooker and pour the sauce over the top. Cover and set to low for 6-8 hours. Prepare the pasta per the package directions. Top with sausage and sauce, sprinkling on Parmesan if desired.
Meal 4: Easy Chicken Dinner $8.19
- 1 rotisserie chicken from the deli
- 2.5 lbs (4 medium) sweet potatoes
- 1 bag Meier frozen California blend vegetables
- Butter (pantry)
Directions: Scrub and pierce the potatoes. Bake in a 425°F oven until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Prepare the vegetables per the package directions. Heat the chicken in the 425°F oven if needed for about 10 minutes on a baking sheet.
Meal 5: Roasted Squash, Onions, & Smoked Sausage $4.27
- 1 pkg Eckrich smoked sausage, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 butternut squash, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch cubes, seeds discarded
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped (pantry)
- Olive oil (pantry)
Directions: Place the sausage, squash, and onions on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, if desired. Bake in a 425°F oven for 30-40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes. The squash should be tender when pierced with a fork.
Herbed Chicken with Homemade Easy Mac & Cheese $6.05
- 2 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast
- 1 t oregano (pantry)
- ½ t rosemary (pantry)
- ¼ t rubbed sage (pantry)
- 1 t salt (pantry)
- ½ t pepper (pantry)
- 1 box Meijer elbow macaroni
- 1 pkg Meijer shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ C milk (pantry)
- ½ stick butter, cut into 8 pats (pantry)
Directions: Place the chicken in a baking dish. Mix the seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake in a 425°F oven for 1 hour or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F in the thickest part. While the chicken is baking, prepare the elbow macaroni as directed on the package. Layer in a greased baking dish with cheddar, reserving ½ C for the top. Drizzle the milk over the macaroni, top with butter and reserved cheese. Cover and bake in the oven with the chicken for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake 5 more minutes to brown the cheese.
This week, six mostly homemade meals will cost only $38.85!
You can find more Meijer Meal Planning ideas HERE