Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, about 2lbs of meat
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- soft or hard taco shells
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- shredded lettuce
- additional salsa
- black olives
- chopped cilantro
Directions for Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Coat bottom of the instant pot with oil. I pour in my oil and then move the pan around in my hands to coat the bottom. Place chicken into the instant pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning on top of chicken. Stir in salsa.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and seal shut. Close the pressure release valve. Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking cycle is complete, quick release pressure. Open the instant pot.
- Very carefully use 2 forks to shred the chicken and mix the ingredients. If you choose to let this cool a bit so it is easier to handle, that’s fine. You can then turn the instant pot to saute (leaving the lid off/open) and re-heat the chicken before serving.
- Serve chicken in taco shells with your favorite toppings.
This recipe easily serves 6 servings of 2-3 tacos each. It depends on what size taco shell and how much you put into each shell. I like using corn tortillas, but the kids like crunchy taco shells. You could even serve this over chips and a salad base for a healthier taco salad option. No matter what you choose, this is a great easy meal to add to your menu plan.