Dating on a Dime: 20 Frugal Date Night Ideas
Everyone loves saving money, but it seems as though people are hesitant to try and do so on a date. After all, no one wants to look “cheap” right? But let’s get real, the economy is tough and corners need to be cut. Instead of ditching dating all together, take a look below at tips on how to enjoy a cheap date night. You can still enjoy a fun night out while staying frugal. These tips are a cinch to follow and don’t require a great deal of sacrifice either. In fact, you might find yourself enjoying date night more often once you see how frugally you can do so!
Take a look at these tops tips for how to enjoy a cheap date night without looking so….well…cheap!
How to Enjoy a Cheap Date Night: 20 Ways Made Easy
1. See a matinee movie and then do dinner. You can easily save half off your ticket just by seeing a show that begins before 4 p.m.
*Here in Lansing if you see movies between 4-6 at the Lansing Mall the price is cheaper.
Also $5 movie nights at NCG and Celebration Cinema on Tuesday nights.
2. Take advantage of local parks. An after dinner walk is not only relaxing but free.
3. Enjoy happy hour at home. Make fun cocktails for yourself before you leave for dinner and save, as a restaurant made drink can easily cost you $7-$8 each.
4. Take advantage of home improvement clinics. Lowes and Home Depot both offer free DIY clinics. Find out when these are and attend them as a couple.
5. Visit your local pet rescue agency and visit and play with the animals together.
6. Grill out at home and enjoy a candle lit picnic dinner.
7. Go hiking at your local state park. Many offer reduced admission for county residents.
8. If dining out, use smart phone apps such as Plink to earn points on your purchase redeemable for gift cards. (this is an awesome program and I use it all the time to earn restaurant points!). Also search for local restaurant deals on these sites (and I have found some great ones, including a recent one for PF Changs: Deal Chicken, Half Off Depot, Groupon and Living Social!
9. Use shopping reward programs like Swagbucks when you shop online so you can earn gift cards to date-worthy places such as Starbucks.
10. Check out books on yoga or massage from your library and then learn together some of relaxation methods both promote.
11. Call your local bakery or deli and see if any of them offer cooking demos. Many do and for free or minimal costs.
12. Enjoy a campfire together that includes smores and all of the fixings.
13. Enjoy a free concert at your local high school or park. Many free concerts are put on by various schools and city clubs so be sure to find out when these are.
14. Don’t be afraid to use coupons. Barnes and Nobles often offers a B1G1 coffee drink coupon. Many restaurants offer B1G1 dinner entrée coupons. Keep an eye on your Sunday papers and online with your favorite eateries and take advantage of these savings.
15. Head to your local beach where admission is usually free after 5 p.m.
16. Check out local sporting events. Even if it is an amateur or high school team you will still have a blast for just a few dollars!
17. Visit your local library and enjoy the free classes, clubs, books, DVDs, and music available.
18. Volunteer at a local shelter or soup kitchen. It costs you nothing and you will bond over helping those less fortunate.
19. Get a free trial at a local gym and spend some time getting fit together. Here’s a gym offer you can try: (24 Hour Gym Fitness Pass
20. Take advantage of free days or discount days offered at local museums, aquariums, parks, etc.
So what are you waiting for? Give some of these tips a try this weekend! You will find that you can still enjoy quality time together without busting your budget in the process. In fact, you will be able to enjoy richer dates since you will find you can do much more for less.
If you’re in need of a few more ideas, be sure to check out free date night ideas winter and free date night ideas fall!
Which one of these tips are you excited to try?