7 Items NOT to Buy on Black Friday
You may think you are able to get a good deal on just about anything on Black Friday. In the excitement, don’t get talked into buying some things that are not at their best deal of the year or can end up costing you more than at another time. Read below for 7 Items NOT to Buy on Black Friday.
You may think you are able to get a good deal on just about anything on Black Friday. In the excitement, don’t get talked into buying some things that are not at their best deal of the year or can end up costing you more than at another time. Read below for 7 Items NOT to Buy on Black Friday
1. The biggest and best TV’s will not be on sale on Black Friday. Usually, if you see a large-sized TV on sale, it is not a good brand and is a basic model. If this doesn’t bother you, go for it. However, if you are hoping for the best TV on the best deal, wait until January around Super Bowl time. **There are a few good T.V. deals happening this year, 2018, so be sure to check out Walmart, Best Buy, Target and Meijer Black Friday ads!
2. Anything related to Christmas. Retailers are hoping you will pick up some décor or other items since you are already in their store and most likely won’t discount them. Instead, shop near Christmas (2 weeks before or less) or after for next year to score the best deals. However, the craft stores usually have the best deals on Christmas decor since they do a lot of sales, doorbusters, and coupons. So be sure to check out Hobby Lobby, Michael’s and JoAnn’s Fabric.
3. The newest game systems. Manufacturers and retailers purposely put these out at this time in order to be able to sell at full price. If you want an old model, you may be able to get a great deal, but unless you get an amazing bundle (think store gift card, games and accessories included) on a new model, skip it and wait until after the holidays.
4. Winter clothing or coats. You will pay the highest price of the year. Instead, shop for these in March to find deals 50-90% off.
5. The newest “gadgets ”. Just like game systems, most companies will not want you to get a great deal on the newest generation of phones and tablets this time of year. If the person you are gifting is not picky, however, you can find some amazing deals on tablets and phones that may be a little older. (Apple has stepped up their game in the last few Black Friday seasons and you can score some great deals on older models. There are a few great Apple related deals that you can check out HERE that’s worth buying!)
6. Jewelry is a no-go. This is on it’s best price around February in preparation for Valentine’s day, so if you can wait a couple more months, buy then.
7. Toys. It might seem silly, but toys will not be at their lowest price for the Christmas shopping season on Black Friday. Retailers stock their shelves and some even over-stock so they will be discounting them the closer it gets to Christmas. If you can, wait until a week before Christmas to get those toys that are not super in-demand and trending. Even if you want to get a toy that is highly in demand, try looking online instead. You may find a great deal that way. *Best time to get toys is in January on clearance or before the Christmas season in July & August!