The holiday season is upon us, which might have you excited to deck the halls from top to bottom. If you want to get your home spruced up for the holidays, take a look below at 7 easy ways to deck the halls for less. When you give these tips a try, you can get the holiday looks you love without going broke. Here is how to get started.
7 Easy Ways to Deck the Halls for Less
1. Switch out your linens/fabrics. An easy way to update your home for the holidays is to switch out your linens and fabrics. Place holiday themed towels in your bathroom and kitchen. Add holiday throw pillows to your family room, and change your small area rugs to holiday themes as well.
2. Add some natural elements. Fill a vase with pinecones or pine boughs. This is a great way to add some natural color, but also some natural fragrance as well. Many tree lots will even let you take the pine scraps on the ground for free.
3. Behold the power of spray paint. Take old décor pieces and give them a spray of glam. Spray pinecones gold and silver and display them in a bowl. Or take old reindeer statues or other holiday knick knacks and give them a quick coat of paint. It is a great way to add instant holiday glimmer.
4. Make your space glow. Extra candles and twinkle lights are a great way to make your space glow. It will add warmth and ambiance for just pennies. Your local dollar store is a great place to find these items.
5. Head to the dollar store . Speaking of dollar stores, they are a great place to snag holiday décor for less. Find candle holders, holiday frames, towels, placemats, and more. For just a buck each, you are sure to find some deals.
6. Start thrifting. You can not only find thrift store décor, but find pieces at your local thrift store that you can upcycle. Find old frames you can paint, or find holiday themed fabric you can turn into pillows. This is a great way to get the look you love for less.
7. Make a card garland. Hang a ribbon across the top of a doorway. As holiday cards arrive, attach them with tape or a clothespin. With just a few cards you will have an instant garland. Give these tips a try and decorate your space for the holidays for less!