We’re just wrapping up week 7 of the 52 Week Money Challenge! If you haven’t started this challenge, you still have time to jump in! If you need help with weekly reminders, then sign up for our 52 week challenge newsletter!
52 Week Money Challenge – Week 7
Here’s this week’s savings tip:
Drinking more water might seem like a healthy living tip more than a money saving way, but doing so can not only reward your health, but your wallet. The obvious savings is, water is “free”. While it is true you pay a water bill each month, it will still be cheaper to drink water than other choices such as soda or juice.
One way water can save you so much is when you eat out. If you skip sodas for meals eaten out, you can save $10 or more on your bill, depending on how many people are in your family. Let’s say you eat out twice a month. This is a $20 savings per month and a $240 savings for the year! Who knew that that little soda was costing you so much!
If the water where you are is not very good out of the tap, consider getting a filtered pitcher. This is a small investment that really pays off when you drop soda from your normal grocery bill. Sure, you can still have some soda or juice, but it should be a treat, not a staple.
If the idea of drinking so much water with no taste does not appeal to you, try adding a lemon to it. You can also make cucumber water by just adding a few slices of cucumbers to your plain water to make it instantly refreshing and flavorful.
Related: Tips to help you drink water!
Another option for adding flavor or for those that find it too hard to totally give up soda but still want to save money if to buy a pop making machine such as the Sodastream. You will be using water from your tap and adding bubbles to it and flavor. It is far cheaper than buying pop in the can and will save you money in the long run.
It’s not too late to join the 52 Week Money Challenge.
Why should You join the 52 week money savings challenge?
Most families are on the constant look out for ways to save more money. This challenge is easy and doesn’t require you to do a lot each week. It starts out with just saving a $1 on the first week. Or, if you’re doing the challenge in reverse, then $52 bucks.
It’s an easy way to save money and it does work if you apply just a little self-discipline and you are determined to save money. And having a goal is a good way reach your saving objective. Below are a few saving goal:
- You can use the money you saved to pay for your Christmas at the end of the year.
- Go on a vacation
- Jump-start a college fund
- Pay off debt
- Buy a car
- This could be your first time actually saving money in a bank account
The reasons for saving extra money are endless!But the key is getting started!
People tend to do better when faced with a challenge (of any kind).
- You will receive a weekly email reminder telling you to make your deposit into the bank or jar
- You will also receive a weekly savings tip on a way that you can save that week.
- You will receive inspiring stories and ways to save money each week!
- Many people and blogs start out doing this challenge within their communities. But by March, most have fallen off the band wagon. As you can see,by just looking at our 52 weekly challenge archive, you can see that we kept up with it each week.
- I’ve personally and successfully completed this money saving challenge two years in a row! I am doing this challenge right along with you and to encourage you along the way. And if you need to tweak it to fit your families needs, save more , etc. then I am here to help you with that too!
- You can find out more about the 52 Week Challenge HERE
So, let’s get started! Sign up today to start receiving the 52 week money saving challenge newsletter!