52 Week Money Challenge – Ways To Save Money Week 13
We made it another Friday and another week in the 52 week money challenge! How are you doing so far? Are you keeping up with putting the money in your jar or bank each week? If you need help with weekly reminders, then sign up for our 52 week challenge newsletter!
Here’s this week’s savings tip:
If you have a carnivore in your house, this may be a little hard to do, but it is one of the best ways to slash your grocery spending. Going meat-free one day a month cans save the average family of 4 $40-$50 a month. After a year, this is an average of $500-$600! That certainly is not small change!
Going meat-free once a week doesn’t mean you have to suddenly start eating tofu (unless you want to, of course!) and give up your favorite meals. There are many ways to alter meals to make them meat free that you probably won’t even notice the meat is missing from in the end. For instance, Enchiladas can be made with different varieties of beans and cheese. They will be so filling, you won’t even miss the meat (much!).
An added benefit to going meat free, besides the awesome savings, is your health. While eating meat is not totally bad, and it is totally natural, eating a meat -free meal each week will give you a chance to get creative with veggies and other ingredients. In our house, we usually have about two nights per week (sometimes three) where we don’t eat meat.
If you are having a hard time getting your family on board, why not allow them some input? Ask them what meals they think sound OK from a list of meatless meals. Allowing them the choice when it comes to what will be served makes it a whole lot easier to convince them to go along for the ride. Another way you can start out is to do something like a salad bar at home. Lay out all kinds of meatless toppings for a salad on your counter and allow your family to make choices for their own salads. Giving your family a choice when it comes to Meat-Free Monday will help them transition to it.
It’s not too late to join the 52 Week Money Challenge.
Why should You join the 52 week money savings challenge?
Most families are on the constant look out for ways to save more money. This challenge is easy and doesn’t require you to do a lot each week. It starts out with just saving a $1 on the first week. Or, if you’re doing the challenge in reverse, then $52 bucks.
It’s an easy way to save money and it does work if you apply just a little self-discipline and you are determined to save money. And having a goal is a good way reach your saving objective. Below are a few saving goal:
- You can use the money you saved to pay for your Christmas at the end of the year.
- Go on a vacation
- Jump-start a college fund
- Pay off debt
- Buy a car
- This could be your first time actually saving money in a bank account
The reasons for saving extra money are endless!But the key is getting started!
People tend to do better when faced with a challenge (of any kind).
- You will receive a weekly email reminder telling you to make your deposit into the bank or jar
- You will also receive a weekly savings tip on a way that you can save that week.
- You will receive inspiring stories and ways to save money each week!
- Many people and blogs start out doing this challenge within their communities. But by March, most have fallen off the band wagon. As you can see,by just looking at our 52 weekly challenge archive, you can see that we kept up with it each week.
- I’ve personally and successfully completed this money saving challenge two years in a row! I am doing this challenge right along with you and to encourage you along the way. And if you need to tweak it to fit your families needs, save more , etc. then I am here to help you with that too!
- You can find out more about the 52 Week Challenge HERE
So, let’s get started! Sign up today to start receiving the 52 week money saving challenge newsletter!