Earlier this week I posted this on AMFOC Fan Wall! I am definitely going to use this easy formula to save money each week! I posted this challenge and quite a few of you said that you are going to do it too! Great!
Each week I will post a reminder to make your deposit for the week!
We just finished Week 1, so you should have saved or deposited a $1.00. And if you find extra change laying around, definitely drop it in the jar. I am planning on doing that. My plan is to save it in a jar each week. Then at the end of the month, take the savings to the bank!
Some people mentioned finding ways to come up with this money when you don’t have extra to squeeze out. Here’s a few things you can do:
- Signing up for Ibotta– give you $$ back after buying certain products (quite a few products that you probably use)
- Signing up and doing surveys to earn quick cash- check out this growing list!
- Look around your house and see what you can sell at the consignment stores, used video game stores/electronics, craigslist, ebay, facebook, etc
- Do extra chores for Neighbors to score a few extra bucks
- Give Blood, definitely will put anywhere between $20-$60 in your pocket
What other money saving ideas can you think of?
This is a great way to save money for Christmas or a Vacation. I know looking at the formula you will be putting more down towards the end of the year which is around Christmas. If you are nervous about that, here’s a few things you can do differently:
- You can do the reverse plan- start with $52 and work your way down
- or stick w/ the formula and put extra aside so if you need to put down less during week #49-#52 you can do that and still reach your goal!
So are you joining us? Let’s get started!! Leave a comment and let me know that you’re doing it too!!
Week 1 Deposit- $1.00
Running Total- $1.00