As I mentioned last week, we are doing the 52 week challenge- where every week you save $ according to that week.
We are on week 2, so we are saving $2.00! You are more than welcome to save more then that!
As you can see by my picture, I also started another jar for vacation money! I am just going to drop spare change in and see how far I can get with it! My boys found change and dropped it in there after I told them about it. They are super excited to do this as a family. I put a $10 bill in from my Ibotta money this week!
Some people mentioned finding ways to come up with this money when you don’t have extra to squeeze out. Here’s a few things you can do:
- Signing up for Ibotta– give you $$ back after buying certain products (quite a few products that you probably use)
- Signing up and doing surveys to earn quick cash- check out this growing list!
- Look around your house and see what you can sell at the consignment stores, used video game stores/electronics, craigslist, ebay, facebook, etc
- Do extra chores for Neighbors to score a few extra bucks
- Give Blood, definitely will put anywhere between $20-$60 in your pocket
What other money saving ideas can you think of?
This is a great way to save money for Christmas or a Vacation. I know looking at the formula you will be putting more down towards the end of the year which is around Christmas. If you are nervous about that, here’s a few things you can do differently:
- You can do the reverse plan- start with $52 and work your way down
- or stick w/ the formula and put extra aside so if you need to put down less during week #49-#52 you can do that and still reach your goal!
Week 1 Deposit- $1.00
Week 2 Deposit- $2.00
My Running Total= $3.00
How much did you deposit this week??