52 Week Challenge Week 15: Splurge When It Matters
It’s another week in the 52 week challenge! How are you doing so far? Are you keeping up with putting the money in your jar or bank each week? If you need help with weekly reminders, then sign up for our 52 week challenge newsletter!
Here’s this week’s savings tip: Splurge When it Matters
In a series designed to give you the best way to save money, it might seem strange to suggest you splurge on some things. Hear me out, though.
While most people would agree that cheaper is usually the way to go, it is not always true. Often, the cheaper option costs you more in the long run. This is especially true if you use something often and it is important that it doesn’t wear out faster than you can afford to replace it.
For instance, if you work on your feet every day at a place that is messy such as a restaurant, buying cheap work shoes may seem like it is better because you are just going to get them dirty in the end. The problem with thinking this way is it is often going to require you to replace your shoes on a very regular basis, such as every 3 months and the amount of money you pay in a year will be more than the cost of an expensive brand of shoes that has a larger up-front cost. Plus, wearing cheap shoes when you are being harsh on your feet might work out to an expensive podiatry appointment in the end and lots of back pain.
Living more frugal does not mean you are living cheap. It means making choices that make the most sense, financially. Often times, this is the cheaper option or doing it yourself, but many times, it means investing money into something that will last you a lifetime (or at least a longer time) so you don’t have to keep buying the cheaper option over and over.
It’s not too late to join the 52 Week Money Challenge.
Why should You join the 52 week money savings challenge?
Most families are on the constant look out for ways to save more money. This challenge is easy and doesn’t require you to do a lot each week. It starts out with just saving a $1 on the first week. Or, if you’re doing the challenge in reverse, then $52 bucks.
It’s an easy way to save money and it does work if you apply just a little self-discipline and you are determined to save money. And having a goal is a good way reach your saving objective. Below are a few saving goal:
- You can use the money you saved to pay for your Christmas at the end of the year.
- Go on a vacation
- Jump-start a college fund
- Pay off debt
- Buy a car
- This could be your first time actually saving money in a bank account
The reasons for saving extra money are endless!But the key is getting started!
People tend to do better when faced with a challenge (of any kind).
- You will receive a weekly email reminder telling you to make your deposit into the bank or jar
- You will also receive a weekly savings tip on a way that you can save that week.
- You will receive inspiring stories and ways to save money each week!
- Many people and blogs start out doing this challenge within their communities. But by March, most have fallen off the band wagon. As you can see,by just looking at our 52 weekly challenge archive, you can see that we kept up with it each week.
- I’ve personally and successfully completed this money saving challenge two years in a row! I am doing this challenge right along with you and to encourage you along the way. And if you need to tweak it to fit your families needs, save more , etc. then I am here to help you with that too!
- You can find out more about the 52 Week Challenge HERE
So, let’s get started! Sign up today to start receiving the 52 week money saving challenge newsletter!