Spring Cleaning is in the air. If you’re looking to save time on your spring cleaning, and the best spring cleaning hacks and tips, I have several hacks you should try this year while you are cleaning the house from top to bottom!
15 Spring Cleaning Hacks You MUST Try!
Can you believe it is time to start thinking about spring cleaning already? If the thought scares you and makes you want to retreat back to winter, think again. There are several tips and tricks that can help you get your home sparkling with less time and less effort. Take a look below at 15 spring cleaning hacks you must try now for a cleaner home with less stress.
1. Use denture cleaning tabs for a cleaner toilet. Drop in two stain fighting tabs, let them sit until dissolved, and then give a quick brush and flush. Your toilet will sparkle.
2. Feed your toilet some Coca Cola. Not because it is thirsty, but because it can help clean too! You can pour a can of Coca Cola into the toilet water and the acids and fizz can help clean the bowl as well. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, scrub, and flush.
3. Toothbrush your tiles. NOTHING gets in between tiles better than a toothbrush. Apply the cleaner you wish to use and use the toothbrush head to scrub the grout nice and clean. You can even apply a baking soda/water paste to the toothbrush and clean that way.
4. Feed the disposal a few lemon chunks. Cut a lemon into chunks and drop a few into the disposal. Run the disposal for 30 seconds. The oils in the lemon will help clean and cut through grease, while at the same time a fresh scent is released. You can also add essential oils (citrus works best) for the same result.
5. Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet before you vacuum. It will help absorb odor and can even help absorb oils and wet debris in the carpet. Just sprinkle, let sit for 20 minutes, and then vacuum up.
6. Use newspaper to clean your windows. Apply the cleaner of your choice to the glass then use a wadded up piece of newspaper to wipe clean. You will be amazed at the shine it leaves!
7. Vinegar cleans just about everything. Spray vinegar onto counter tops, windows, sinks, and really any hard surface that needs a good cleaning. You will be amazed at how it cuts through grease and grime. Since it is so cheap, buy a bottle for each room you use it in, and then just keep it in that room for easy reach.
8. Add mint oil to cleaning products to keep pests away. If mice or spiders are an issue, add a few drops of peppermint oil to your cleaning products. The scent can help repel these pests that may want to pay you a visit. You can also add peppermint oil to the vacuum filter or even broom bristles to get the same effect.
9. Cut your Mr. Clean Magic Erasers in half. Chances are a half is still plenty, and it will make the sponge last longer. For smaller jobs, you can even cut it into quarters. If you wish, you can even utilize this trick with basic cleaning sponges.
10. Use the microwave to clean sponges. Don’t let mold and mildew settle on your sponges. Instead, soak them in hot water and dish soap, rinse well, then zap in the microwave for one minute to kill any germs and additional bacteria.
11. Save produce netting for some serious scrubbing. The netting that oranges and other produce comes in can be wadded up and be used to scrub hard surfaces and won’t risk leaving any scratches.
12. Add dried lavender sachets to drawers and closets to help naturally fight odor and leave a fresh scent. You can even add a little baking soda if you wish to help absorb nasty odors.
13. Try soap nuts to naturally clean clothing without the use of pricey cleaners or chemical filled soaps. They take up little space and can be used to deep clean sheets, towels, blankets, and more.
14. Use some olive oil to help polish wood furniture and lessen the appearance of scratches in both wood and leather furniture pieces.
15. Use dryer sheets to dust off ceiling fan blades as well as baseboards. They will get these items clean as well as keep new dust from settling back in.
Are you inspired to hack your way to a cleaner home? Give these 15 spring cleaning hacks you must try NOW a try and see what amazing results you can achieve.
Get more spring cleaning tips down below: