Don’t get stressed about Holiday entertaining and last minute gift ideas, read my Five Last Minute Holiday Tips You Need To Know
Five Last Minute Holiday Tips You Need To Know
With Christmas just a few days ago, it’s easy to stress about all the things still left on your to-do list.
However, I’m here to give you some last minute tips and gift ideas.
First, take a deep breath.
Then, keep in mind the reason why you’re celebrating Christmas. Everyone has a different reason to celebrate this season, and regardless of your reason, it should not involve stress.
Whenever I start to think about all of the things left to do on my list or get that crazy, hectic moment in my mind, I think of the movie “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.”
The people of Whoville were running around like madmen to finish all the things on their to-do list, and forgetting what Christmas was all about.
To me, Christmas is about taking time to slow down and spend time with the ones I love. I look forward to creating new memories with my family and giving to others each year.
However, I do have several last minute gifts to grab and I am teaming up with JCPenney’s to share with you my last-minute-no-stress tips!
1. Are you hosting Christmas this year? If so, I have the perfect party in a box table setting idea.
I shopped at JCPenney’s over the weekend and found this awesome 40-piece white Basketweave Dinnerware Set. This set will match any decor or theme design. Plus, I love the simple pattern on all of the pieces. It’s originally a $140 piece set, on sale for $59.99!
This is also a great gift idea to give to newlyweds, your favorite host/hostess, a new homeowner, niece, sister, Mom, etc. This is a gift that is not only practical, but functional.
I love that this set serves 8 people, and it’s an easy way to decorate your table. You only have to take each piece out of the box, wipe it down, and set it on the table.
With the basketweave design, this dinnerware set makes its own statement. I added red & white cloth napkins, red chargers and silverware. For the centerpiece design, see my post here.
More about this set:
eight 10″ dinner plates
eight 7½” salad plates
eight 6x6x2¼”H cereal bowls
eight 4½x4½x1¾”H fruit bowls
eight 10-ounce mugs
Stoneware. Dishwasher safe. Imported
2. Use wrapping paper to cover your table. This is an EASY way to add immediate WOW factor to your table. You can check the home section of JCPenney’s to find wrapping paper. And since they have a variety of wrapping paper, you can find various styles and designs. And when you’re done, you just pull it up and toss it in the trash. See, EASY. So check decorating your table off the list.
3. Hide stuff. Seriously! If you have a lot of clutter in your house, take a tote or garbage bag and stuff it full with everything you want to get rid of. Then, when your company is gone, take time to sort out what you don’t need and toss it in the trash. Not only did you pull off a clean house to your guests, you are able to get a head start on de-cluttering your home before 2016.
4. Have guests bring a dish. If you don’t have a lot of time to cook, do not stress about this! Have your guests bring a passing dish or order meals from restaurants such as Buca di Beppo or Ponderosa on Christmas Eve. We are having a taco bar for our Christmas Dinner since we want something EASY and quick.
5. Last Minute shopping? If you’re shopping this week, be sure to stop by JCPenney’s. They have something for everyone on your list and your budget with exclusive brands such as JCPenney Home, Liz Claiborne, Arizona, A.N.A., Worthington, as well as your favorite national brands. I was able to find some really nice fluffy towels for 50% off, which will make the perfect gift for someone on my list.
With last minute gift ideas and even a coupon (20% off if you have a charge card or 15% off if paying another way) to use, be sure to check out all JCPenney has to offer by heading to your local store or their website.
Hopefully, these last minute tips and ideas will help take a little stress off your to-do list.
If this helps, be sure to leave me a comment below. Or, let me know how I can help you tackle last minute tips or gift ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of JCPenney. The opinions and text are all mine.