“This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.” I’m sharing tips on how we grow confidence in teen boys, as well as great deals on AXE products at Target!
Tips On Growing Confidence In Teen Boys + AXE Deals at Target
It seems summer just started, and now it’s coming to an end. It’s been a lazy summer around here, and that’s been a good thing. The boys opted out of doing a lot of things, rather enjoying a lot of relaxing and hanging out with friends. A certain video game also played a huge influence in their summer; but after talking to other moms, it seems to be the going trend.
As we hustle around buying supplies, clothes, and checking everything off on the list, I want to make sure my boys are ready for another year of high school. When they were younger, they didn’t care about what clothes they wanted to wear, or a certain way to style their hair.
It’s not just about the clothes, but having the confidence and positive attitude is very important. This summer I spent a lot of time talking to my twins. I only have a few more summers with them before they turn 18, head to college, and out into the world. I want to make sure they are prepared for this journey we call life.
One of the biggest things we can do for our kids is to help them have the right attitude, self-esteem, and confidence. Sometimes, even when you may not know the direction life will take you, having confidence can be half the battle.
Tips On Building Confidence In Teen Boys
Creating confidence in your children is important, but also a long-term process. Here are some things I have done over the years to inspire confidence in my boys.
- Allow them to try things on their own. The biggest mistake we can make as parents is to hover over our children 24/7, never allowing them to try something on their own. The good thing about making mistakes as kids, we, as the parents are right there to catch them and help them back up.
- Push them, but not too hard. We don’t want to overdo it, but sometimes our kids need a nudge in the right direction. This is one area we have worked hard at knowing their limits, then pushing the boys a bit to reach their goals.
- Provide a nurturing environment. It’s essential for our kids to be in an environment that will nurture them, but also give them the confidence they need while growing into young men.
- Be a role model. It’s also important to be model confidence; our kids need to see and be around adults with confidence for inspiration and examples.
- Allow them to choose their own style. Each of my boys has their own style and personality. They wear their hair differently, they have unique interests, their clothing choices are different, and I’m okay with that. Having on the right outfit, along with the right hairstyle is an excellent way to bring confidence. I know when I have a new dress on and my hair freshly done, I feel like a new woman.
AXE also believes that our kids should be allowed to express their personal style. When our young men feel good about their grooming, personal care routines, and clothing, they feel better about themselves.
And along with Target, AXE has ways for you to save some money on their products, as well as do something for a great cause.
Ditch the Label is an anti-bullying campaign that helps build confidence in young men. For each purchase of an AXE Styling product this summer at Target, AXE will donate $0.50 to Ditch The Label, with a guaranteed min donation of $50k and a max donation of $125k. Visit https://us.ditchthelabel.org/ to learn more about the mission to fight bullying.
One product we love (I think I might love it more than the boys) is the AXE 3IN1 product. We all love it because it’s shampoo, conditioner, and body wash rolled into one. Moms, if you’re boys are like my boys, reminding them to wash their hair can be a chore. But with AXE’s 3IN1, it’s a one-and-done situation.
While you’re out at Target shopping for school supplies, be sure to stop over in the personal care section to grab a few AXE’s Styling products. Not only will you save a $1.00 (offer valid till 9/8 and found on the AXE styling products), you will also contribute to a great cause. With so many cases of bullying popping up across the nation, having a program like this is crucial for the growth and confidence in our kids.
Our kids are the future. Giving and inspiring them to grow into confident young men is my number one job as a mom. And as I watch them grow into thoughtful and caring young adults, I beam with pride, knowing that my long talks, creating memories, and being an example is making a positive difference in their lives.
Axe Styling Product offer at Target
Plus, check out this deal offer going on at Target right now:
Get a FREE $5 Target GiftCard with beauty or personal care purchase $20 or more.
Available coupons to use:
- $1.00/1 AXE Hair Care Product – 8-5-18 RMN; Excludes Trial and Travel Size (exp 09/01/18)
- *You will also find a $1/1 AXE Hair Care Product on the AXE Styling products
- B1G1 AXE Body Wash FREE wyb (1) AXE Body Spray – 8-5-18 RMN; Maximum Value $6.49; Excludes Trial and Travel Size (exp 08/18/18)
Buy 3 Axe Styling products at $6.99 = $20.97
use (3) $1/1 coupons found on the product or listed from the insert above.
Pay $17.97, get back a $5.00 Target Gift Card
Final cost= $4.32, AND for every one you purchase, a contribution will be made to the Ditch the Label program!*
*Disclaimer: The AXEpress Yourself Ditch the Label Donation Program begins 5/21/18 and ends 8/26/18. For each purchase of an AXE Styling product at participating retailers, AXE
will donate $0.50 to Ditch the Label, with a guaranteed min donation of $50k and a max donation of $125k. Void where prohibited. Complete donation terms available at www.axe.com/axepressyourself. Offered by Conopco, Inc. d/b/a/ AXE. Information concerning Ditch the Label, including financial, licensing or charitable purpose may be obtained, without cost, by visiting https://us.ditchthelabel.org/.